Ads on the Forums

craigathus

Hi all B)

Some of the ads that are displayed on the forums seem to be geographically local to me (Australia)

Dose someone in say for example (USA) have local ads relevant to their location?

I'm not complaining about the ads, I'm just interested to know if some are localized for what ever geographic region you are in? B)

• Moderators
You can even right click someones avatar and adblock that image.

I've did that! :lol:

As well as some of the images in some signatures that I deem too big and a waste of time to load each time I visit the forums!

I'm not complaining about the ads, I'm just interested to know if some are localized for what ever geographic region you are in? B)
they should be, though I can't see any from the UK (eg .co.uk) at the moment, they are all .com sites.

I got 8MB ADSL, so it's quite fast. B)

Well most of the time your avatar loads just fine. Couple of times have noticed it to load slower. Don't know why.

It's only 19840 bytes. I don't know, heck, maybe I'll make another one in gif format this time, or just get another one all together.

• Moderators
Well most of the time your avatar loads just fine. Couple of times have noticed it to load slower. Don't know why.

Maybe it's a 100MB avatar. :P

Actually a few avatars load slower than others, could be the image format or whatever and how the browser is reading it to display it.

I've noticed some images mostly PNG on some websites take ages to load even though they aren't big in filesize. Perhaps it's some header information in the images or something, I don't really know so I'll shut up now. :lol:

I got 8MB ADSL, so it's quite fast. B)

Hey check it out, I got my avatar down to 2496 bytes now. Big drop from 19840 bytes. What I did was this morning in an attempt to drop the bytes, I uploaded the full size picture (instead of resizing it myself) and let Piriform do the resizing and adjustments for me automatically. It made a big difference in the bytes. Have any idea why? I have no clue, but I'm glad it did it.

If you want to change your horses, have a look here:

:)

Wow! he's really good! Cost money for his pics though :(

I might just keep the one I have since I managed to get the bytes down on it now. I don't know how it did it so good but, maybe now it will load better for everyone. I hope so. :)

You could always draw him a stick figure one in MS Paint for free. :P

'Andavari won't draw it because he doesn't like MS Paint. He doesn't like jpg or gifs either. He also doesn't like Image Shack, and if I remember correctly, he also doesn't like posters images to load too slow either, it annoys him and he'll block it. What else don't you like 'Andavari, Me? :D

Have a nice evening, Tyler