Avast! or AVG?

LEEnoble

After years of using Norton Security products, I'm getting sick of Norton resource hogging my PC's along with loads of other little problems and the high price tag for yearly updates and upgrades. I'm thinking of installing ZoneAlarm personal firewall (free edition) instead. But I can't decide on which Antivirus software to use along side it. I've herd loads of good things about Avast! and AVG, so I'm going to use either one of those, but can't decide which. What are your views on each and which do you recommend? :)

CCleaner fan since 2005

picshack.co.uk - free image hosting

I've used AVG 6 then 7 for quite sometime ( had norton b4).

Came to this forum read about Avast av.

Lee16 & others recommended Avast. Removed AVG 7, gave Avast a try &.....I love it. Its much better then AVG. It has no update problems like AVG ( sometimes it cannot be updated due to whatever ???)

I'm not a techy, but as a layman, I feel Avast is much better av.

Give a try. You might like it. :D

Steve.

P/S - U want technical info about avast , do a search in this forum , you'll get the infos from experts over here.

Avast is just a plain better, it out proforms AVG, and is more powerful, iv never had any problems with it slowing down my PC, and i can remove a virus when it finds it, rather then it having to scan my whole system to remove it (like you have to in AVG).

--lee

• Moderators
haven't tried it

You should. It has low resourse usage and I havent got a virus in the two years that Ive been using it. I liked it better than nortan, AVG, and Avast!.

Oh also, I use Zone Alarm pro and it dosent detect Avast as an antivirus, but it does detect Computer Associates. It may not matter, but it says that it monitors it and makes sure its doing its job. I like it! :D

ehem.... NOD32 ;)

The interface isn't all that great, but I love it. Low on system resources too. But you do have to pay for it. Did you say you were looking for a free av?

• Moderators
ehem.... NOD32  ;)

The interface isn't all that great, but I love it. Low on system resources too. But you do have to pay for it. Did you say you were looking for a free av?

Read my first post. Microsoft is offering it for one year for free. Click on link. :P

• Moderators
ehem.... NOD32  ;)

Ive never used nod32 but if it looks like this than it must look great! :P

Also thanks Tarun for showing us how to make screen shots. :D:D:D