Sandboxie

User000

Defintly worth the upgrade!! i have been using 2.86 for a while now, and im loving it. But sandboxie is just amazing now, look at all these changes, i love the explorer one! returnil isnt that important now that you can sandbox windows explorer!

Sandboxed Windows Explorer

Sandboxed Windows Installer

Can install packages from network shares

Sandboxed Installation of Win32 Services

Stronger protection of window-to-window communications

Sandboxing of Win32 Hooks

Support for read-only files and registry keys

Sandboxie no longer needs a system restarts when upgrading or removing the program

Improved support for Windows Vista

Smaller changes

No error message if OpenFilePath et al specify a drive letter that isn't available (Useful when used with portable hard drives that may not always be available)

Support for more devices inside the sandbox, specifically, webcams

Sandbox name can be displayed in title bar. See BoxNameTitle

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Hi Guys B)

Just installed Sandboxie :D

I was wondering if I should use it all the time on the "INTERNET" or just when surfing?

For example, I wouldn't need Sandboxie when going to and logging on to Piriform Forums?

Also is it best to leave configuration settings as "Default"?

I assume that it's ok to delete the contents of the sandbox without worrying about anything?

• Moderators

Just saying how I use it Craig.

I use opera and always right click run opera sandboxed whenever online. (IE7 is still my default)

When you are on these forums, you are on the internet, and as Humpty said, Sandboxie is a great firstline defence.

Yes it's okay to delete the contents, if you have downloaded anything while online, it will ask if you want to recover it. As I download to my desktop I always say recover to same folder after highlighting the folder to recover, and it then appears on my desktop.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I use opera and always right click run opera sandboxed whenever online. (IE7 is still my default)

When you are on these forums, you are on the internet, and as Humpty said, Sandboxie is a great firstline defence.

Yes it's okay to delete the contents, if you have downloaded anything while online, it will ask if you want to recover it. As I download to my desktop I always say recover to same folder after highlighting the folder to recover, and it then appears on my desktop.

Thanks for the reply hazelnut :D

Hi all :rolleyes:

About Sandboxie.

My browser (IE7) seems to run slower when using Sandboxie, and are there any more programs the same or similar to Sandboxie?

Is the full registered version worth getting?

Thanks for the link hazelnut :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a slow (sandboxed browser)

Does Opera run better with Sandboxie?

What if you bookmark some sites or make other changes to your browser, how do you keep them. Their website does a good job of giving a dumbed down explanation of the sandbox concept but isn't very clear on the practicalities of it.

• Moderators

I opened the sandboxie gui and clicked configuration, edit configuration.

I entered

openFilePath=C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

openfilepath=C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\wand.dat

to save my passwords and any new favourites and then clicked reload configuration.

Yes it is a bit complicated, the faq's on it here are not what you call easy to understand.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?SandboxieIni

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com