Regseeker 1.55

Humpty

RegSeeker is a perfect companion for your Windows registry !

RegSeeker includes a powerful registry cleaner and can display various informations like your startup entries, several histories (even index.dat files), installed applications and much more ! With RegSeeker you can search for any item inside your registry, export/delete the results, open them in the registry. RegSeeker also includes a tweaks panel to optimize your OS ! Now RegSeeker includes a file tool to search for duplicate files, bad shortcuts and more !

Regseeker

Now RegSeeker includes a file tool to search for duplicate files, bad shortcuts and more !

That's about all I can find rridgely.

As most of us know it is quite aggressive in cleaning the reg.Better to stick with CCleaner's issues.

Nice reg search function and tweaks though.

Version 1.55

- Introducing Vista support (you will need to elevate UAC) !

- Improved backup/restore functions (double-click for opening in regedit)

- Integrated Exclusion list editor with Import option

- Fix issue with StreamMRU cleaning (quicklaunch/desktop icons reorganization)

- Safer registry cleaning results

- some crashes fixed

It deleted the registry entries on file associations for MS Office. Now I need to guess if this file is an Excel file and this one is a Powerpoint file. I'd rather stick with CCleaner's registry cleaner

It deleted the registry entries on file associations for MS Office. Now I need to guess if this file is an Excel file and this one is a Powerpoint file. I'd rather stick with CCleaner's registry cleaner

With RegSeeker it is extremely important that you go through the list and exclude what you want to keep. Andavari used to have a great exclude list for RegSeeker. Not sure if he still does.

EDIT: It's listed 4 posts below this one at the moment. LOL Looks like he posted it, thanks Andavari.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Grab your MS Office installation CD's and do a repair installation of MS Office - that's the only way to undo the damage!!! ;)

Looks like he posted it, thanks Andavari.

I haven't posted anything new since like February '07 when I stopped doing the exclude file - and won't be doing it anymore either.

Well I just tested it against the old version and it does seem to have more exclusions built in by default.

On my system with default exclusions the previous version finds 477 entries, the new version finds 406.

Adding Andavari's exclusions to both, the old version finds 284, new version finds 249.

The look of the program is a little better but there are one or two very minor display glitches.

Now RegSeeker includes a file tool to search for duplicate files, bad shortcuts and more !

Unless I'm being totally blind it doesn't have this new tool.

EDIT: Hmmm, found it. Its hidden until you tick the 'Search Files' box in the 'Find in registry' section. Not very intuitive to use either IMHO and the 'Check shortcuts validity' option doesn't seem to do anything (certainly doesn't give any indication of good or bad shortcuts which is what I expected)

You can easily update RegSeeker's exclusion file with Andavari's suggestions.

- Download RegSeeker customized exclude.ini file here.

- Just download it to your desktop.

- Open RegSeeker, go the the 'Clean the registry' section and hit the 'Exclusions' button.

- Then hit the 'Import' button and find the exclude.ini file you just downloaded.

- Hit 'Open' and the editor will only import the different keys.