Commercial Software

JAGO

To me HP makes the best All-in-One printers/scanners, it's just on the software end where they trip all over themselves.

OK Thanks I was deciding between the HP 6180 or the new Kodak coming out (which won't be out 'till June)

Thanks

• Moderators
OK Thanks I was deciding between the HP 6180 or the new Kodak coming out (which won't be out 'till June)

Thanks

Those are just my thoughts mind you. However I've used Lexmark, Epson, etc., and to me the HP seems built better, better more durable plastic, etc.

I was talking about printer software and your response was "you prefer WinXP. ??

My reply was answer to thread question: What have you liked so much that you bought it. It WAS NOT reply to your printer talk. And secondly, i didn't said that i prefer XP.

End of off-topic.

My reply was answer to thread question: What have you liked so much that you bought it. It WAS NOT reply to your printer talk. And secondly, i didn't said that i prefer XP.

End of off-topic.

Fair enough. Maybe I misread the post

I have an HP all in one printer and am very happy with it. But I am also very happy with my Brother all in one. I had a lexmark, and had nothing but problems with it, so it got the boot.

My HP printer definately prints the best pictures, but i like my Brother one because it also has a fax-which weird enough, I actually seem to use fairly frequently. :)

I don't know if you have seen the new Kodak all in one printers coming out but they look similar to the HP's with the cost of ink replacement of only 10.00 per cartridge or their about.

The one I'm thinking about is the 5500 which compares to HP's 6180 I believe

th_kodak.jpg

Win XP Pro :)

AutoSketch :)

Window Washer :( Hey, I didn't know any better.

Winzip

MS Office 97

MS Office 2003, uninstalled in favor of Office 97. <_<

By the way have gotten pretty good results in the last 6 months from HP email support for Compaq. They got a new CEO, are trying to turn around. Hope they make it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
Just a little to big for the cabinet :(

The printer is a little bulky, but its not that big a problem for me.

I have a pretty big custom built desk that is built into the wall that goes all around my computer room. It fits right in with all of the other computer stuff. :D

The printer is seriously good though. It came with great software(some of it I didn't install but it was good stuff), it prints great pictures, and its fast. The scanner is great too and thats the main reason I got it.(to replace a stand alone one that I didn't like very much)

I don't know if you have seen the new Kodak all in one printers coming out but they look similar to the HP's with the cost of ink replacement of only 10.00 per cartridge or their about.

th_kodak.jpg

It's not the cost of the ink cartridge that you need to consider as it is the price per page! For example, HP's 74XL/75XL ink cartridges are very efficient, as are their 88 series! However the initial ink purchase is a bit hefty, 30-35$ per cartridge for the 74XL/75XL, and somewhere around 10-40$ for the 88s (there are four / six cartridges).

Buh :).

IPB Image

• Moderators

th_kodak.jpg

That looks too similar to an HP and I wouldn't be surprised at all if HP made it or licensed the design, well if they didn't I smell some serious amount of copying their design. $10 for an ink cartridge is also what HP has with their Vivera ink, which prints so shockingly well even at the fastest print mode - it amazes me everytime.

Acronis True Image backup software. List $49.99 at Acronis site. A free "try-it" version is available @

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/

Acronis True Image 10 Home 15 days trial, available in 5 languages, just over 100mb.

I bought version 9 at a local computer store that was closing it out for $29.99, they had version 10 for same price as the Acronis site, $49.99 . You might check the local stores or CompUSA web sites.

In fact, you can download Version 10 from CompUSA FOR $36.99 @

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...e_Image_10_Home

OR buy it for $49.99 via shipment or instore pickup(SOLD OUT) @

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...4&pfp=feb25

"Acronis announced that The Geek Squad, an operation of Best Buy Co., will now include Acronis True Image and Acronis Disk Director Suite as part of its Repair Toolbox". It doesn't look like they sell it though. :blink:

Circuit City doesn't list it. You might find a better price with a web search. Acronis was selling 9 at a good price but it is sold out, even though a link shows up on a web search.

The Acronis forum is "Almost" as good as this one. :rolleyes:

This is the main forum that reroutes you to specific product forums:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/forum/

For Acronis True Image:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Dang I talk too much but I love this product. You can creat a boot disk to run the IMAGE backup/restore. A complete image backup can create a snapshot of your selected hard drive including all operating system updates, hotfixes etc., Anti Virus/Spyware updates. The image is restorable back to a messed up drive(better than restore points) or can be burned to a new drive. Can be directly backed up to CD's, or DVD size sequential files to a hard drive. I backup after every major change or new product install. The only feature I would like is direct burning to DVD's. Per the forum, that is comming in the next version. Read about ALL the features @

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
By the way have gotten pretty good results in the last 6 months from HP email support for Compaq. They got a new CEO, are trying to turn around. Hope they make it.

I know this is deviating slightly off topic, but their support remains to be tested, well at least in my country. I have this irksome problem. HP simply will not update the drivers for their laptops. I'm still sitting with a 2006 driver for my Intel graphics card because the one on the Intel site won't work because of the third-party status my driver has.

Anyway. That was a just a rant and rave...still waiting for HP to provide feedback on the matter. :rolleyes:

XsoftSpySE,NoAdware 5.0 and Max Regisrtry Fix.

The main reason that I like NoAdware V5.0 it seems to be the ony Anti-Spyware program that I found that detects CoolWebSearchxp. As fas as XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware I like this software because it also detects many spyware/malware/trojans that none of my free programs will detect. This includes AVG Antisypware/SuperAntispyware.

• Moderators
The main reason that I like NoAdware V5.0 it seems to be the ony Anti-Spyware program that I found that detects CoolWebSearchxp. As fas as XoftSpySE Anti-Spyware I like this software because it also detects many spyware/malware/trojans that none of my free programs will detect. This includes AVG Antisypware/SuperAntispyware.

Are you sure about that? All of those programs your talking about at one time were considered spyware themselves. ;)

I tried xsoftspy when they had a free trial on vnunet for the Christmas thing. It detected all kinds of false positives so I didn't even bother posting about it. Not to mention that all of those programs are really spamy with those stupid google ads and shady sites that link to them.

Coolwebsearch is pretty much nonexistent now a days.

Are you sure about that? All of those programs your talking about at one time were considered spyware themselves. ;)

I tried xsoftspy when they had a free trial on vnunet for the Christmas thing. It detected all kinds of false positives so I didn't even bother posting about it. Not to mention that all of those programs are really spamy with those stupid google ads and shady sites that link to them.

Coolwebsearch is pretty much nonexistent now a days.

THANKS FOR THE VERY INFORMATIVE INFORMATION. ;)