Unwanted extensions

dophi

How do I get rid of following extensions:

Amazon.com.au, Bing, Chambers(UK), DoH Roll-Out, DuckDuckGo, eBay, Wikipedia (en).

I cannot delete them.  If I disable them, they get enabled the next time I look.  I have no need or desire to have them there.

Thanks.

Don

• Moderators

What browser are you talking about

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Presumably it's Firefox, this is a known issue with the Firefox search engine extensions.

They are links to the browsers default search engines and are not a problem, if you don't use them then they don't load the search engine and don't take up any resources.

CCleaner is doing what it is expected to do and disabling the search engine extension links when you tell it to - the issue is that, since about Firefox v75, Firefox is simply re-enabling them again as soon as you launch Firefox.

There is nothing that CCleaner can do to stop Firefox from doing that, there is nothing that anyone other than Mozilla can do about it, shout at Mozilla (or just ignore the extensions).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

In Firefox

Search engines can be removed:
1. In Firefox go to: Tools > Options > Search
2. Highlight a search you don't want, and then click the Remove button.

Add-ons/Extensions/Plugins can be disabled or removed:
1. In Firefox go to: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions
2. In Firefox go to: Tools > Add-ons > Plugins

Thank you all for your responses.  Yes, I am using Firefox.  It is good to know they do not impact the system.  Sorry about how the message was displayed.  I had included a screenshot but obviously wasn't successful.  Thanks again for the help.

Don

• Moderators

Andavari's method works to 'hide' the search engines in Firefox itself, but it doesn't actualy remove them and CCleaner will still see them.

It's just a quirk that happens with Firefox. it doesn't affect the running of your computer.

PS. I'll edit that whitespace out of your original post seeing as you didn't mean it to be there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 years later...

For some time now any update to CCleaner brings with it about ten extensions.  They are automatically added and I cannot delete or disable them.  If I do either, they simply show up again the next time I start CCleaner.  Why are these unwanted extensions forced onto my system and more importantly why can I not get rid of them.

• Moderators

Threads merged, we don't delete here except spam

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com