Unable to remove auto extension under manage my license.

Alfed Granda

Hi,  I signed up for CCleaner Pro on 10/9/22 for one year after using the basic version for years.  I did not know I was set up for auto enrollment.  My credit card was charged on 9/9/23 without any email notification.  I don't plan on keeping this laptop for another year, but decided to keep CC Pro until I buy a new one.  I am unable to remove auto extension by way off the app.  I have entered the license key and it is valid and current but when I press manage my license, nothing comes up.  All I get is the attached screen.  I have emailed support, but have not had a response after three days.  I do not have the original email from a year ago.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, Al 

Clipboard01.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, for your security I have redacted your name and licence key from your screenshot.

The "Manage Subscription" button went missing a few months ago for some reason, so as in the past you have to contact support to get the auto renewal removed.

As you note support do seem to be being slower to reply than they did previously, we had got used to speedy response times.

I'd give them a bit longer to reply, after all that licence doesn't need remewal until next year.

If you haven't had a reply within a week you could try the online support form rather than emailing direct: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

Be aware that if you do send another email the automatic queueing software will see it as 'additional information' to your previous email, and will re-queue them together - so you'll be at the back of the queue again.

Just to add - You are aware that when you do get a new machine it's easy to transfer your existing CCleaner licence to it?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Just to note that I have received a reply to a support request emailed a few weeks ago - it was a CCleaner Free customer though so non-priority.
As you are a paying customer then your request should be more of a priority.

They say that they have had a large amount of support requests raised recently and are are working through them as best they can.

So they are replying, just (a lot) more slowly than we are normally used to seeing.

Ask again about how to transfer the licence nearer the time.
It's basically installing CCleaner free on the new machine and entering the existing key to regester it, then removing CCleaner Pro from the old machine (unless you have a multi-device licence in which case you can keep it on both).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I'd like to add to this too. I was set up with auto extension - I was able to disconnect it with my last subscription but the new one has automatically put me on auto extension without the button to deactivate it. I saw this thread and clicked on the link to write to your support but for some bizarre reason I get the message at the bottom of the page saying 'Hmm... we think you might be a robot. Please refresh the page and try again.' I've tried three times and cannot see how the page comes to that conclusion. It's not a particularly good look for computer safety company to make a mistake that encourages people paying without their realising it nor having a security system that easily picks up false positives and denies people access to your team. I'd appreciate some advice on this please