ccleaner startup nag

Hi,

This nag just started a few days ago (ccleaner 6.13.10507 -64bit).  Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.   Question:  How do I disable it?  

ccleaner 6.13.10507 -64bit- nag.jpg

Edited by Joe737
Clarity - Windows 10

• Moderators

It's a new screen that seems to be rolling out to everybody.

It is meant to be there, and so there is no option to disable it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi nukead - It looks like one or both of these registry entries control the nag.  Since I am not absolutely certain these registry entries are the cause of the nag I'll just leave them as is.

image.thumb.jpeg.a65973b5cb190c6df648304b97b2e8a6.jpeg

• Moderators

Ok then,

there is no user setting in CCleaner to disable the new User Interface Welcome screen.

Changing the relevant registry entry may work for a time, until CCleaner puts/changes it back again.

And currently I suspect that would happen daily. It's the most likely method how the new screen was activated. (The screen itself has been in CCleaner since v6.09. It just wasn't activated for most users).

I'd suggest that the vast majority of users will soon get used to it as just being how CCleaner now looks.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

nukecad - I know the nag screen has been around for a while.  I'll get used to it.  Ccleaner is an excellent program.  I've been using it since it was in Beta.  As you might recall it was called crapcleaner💩 back then.

On 07/07/2023 at 08:19, Joe737 said:

nukecad - I know the nag screen has been around for a while.  I'll get used to it.  Ccleaner is an excellent program.  I've been using it since it was in Beta.  As you might recall it was called crapcleaner💩 back then.

Wow, you must have a lot of patience to put up with that nag screen.

It's like having a fly buzzing around your ear every time you use CC. And don't get me started on the name change. Crapcleaner was way more catchy and honest back in the day. You should demand better from a program that you've been loyal to for so long. Don't settle for crap, literally.

On 07/07/2023 at 08:09, nukecad said:

I'd suggest that the vast majority of users will soon get used to it as just being how CCleaner now looks.

I'd suggest otherwise.

This is a terrible change. Who asked for this? Clearly not the real users, but some developers who don't seem to care about our user experience. And what's up with all the cookies on the support page? 

I think a vote/poll on this would be prudent Maybe then they will see how unpopular this is.

And how do we contact these developers anyway?  I feel they  need to hear from us loud and clear. We are the ones who use their product regularly and it seems they don't.

So this started a few days ago for me
The new start-up screen

I use task scheduler and the script

/AutoSC

now…when this runs at the end I always get an error message saying that CCleaner program has stopped working and I am to close the program.
This pop-up happens every time.

Very annoying
I have disabled updates, and also wrote back to version 6.11

But the new home screen still appears.

I pay annually and believe I should have complete control over what the home screen should be.

/ AUTOSC using task scheduler should also work flawlessly

ccleaner tech sort this problem out.

IMG_2049.jpeg

Edited by Trojan132
Add screenshot

• Moderators

@Trojan132

I suggest you read an ongoing thread about this here (3 pages) which may give you some ideas.

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/64278-welcome-back-to-ccleaner-professional/#comments

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Yes,

The welcome screen has also just disappeared from my CCleaner Pro in the last couple of hours, here this morning not here now.

Either they have removed it, or it was only ever intended as a widespread test.