Kamo - Questions

Darkbluesky

Hi

I am trying Kamo, but if I would like to buy it, how to purchase it? I can't find any link neither in the software or in ccleaner web page. How could I do it?

Another question: I see it supports Edge, but which Edge, the legacy Edge or the Edge Chromium based? Or both?

How can I change my fingerprint if I need to change it at some moment? Instead of waiting the hour to change it? Is tehre a button or some way to force Kamo to change the fingerprint when I want/need it?

Still, I don't get it: using this website (Browser fingerprint test with this tool | Hidester) I have checked my browser fingerprint before and after a change of fingerprint by Kamo, and the fingerprint has not changed  (of course I click "Restart Test" after Kamo reports a change in fingerprint)

Thanks 

Edited by Darkbluesky

• Moderators

All good questions.

There is only a 'Trial' download on the webpage, although it does show a price to buy.

I've just downloaded installed Kamo to see what it's doing and for me the 'Upgrade now' button does nothing.

If I go to Menu>Settings there is an 'Activate' button, but that just asks for an activation code.

There is this documentation about activating Kamo, but it doesn't say anything about how to purchase an activation code:
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045987731-How-do-I-activate-Kamo-

As Kamo is still a fairly new product then it's possible that Kamo may still be in beta release and isn't available for purchase yet? If so then the trial should simply continue without registration?

@Sandra CCleaner @Jenny CCleanercan you give any insights into this activation issue and the posters other questions please.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Although everybody could be wrong, I would have not put these questions here without looking well into the software first. Although it depends on the good design of the application, it seeems hard to miss anything in a software with so very few options to configure...

Aside of changing fingerprint at will, all the other questions are not likely to be solved with a setting (I mean Edge support, purchase options. And what about the test behaviour I reported?). Really the app has very few settings: the '...' options only allow to go to reports or to delete history. The menu options has just 3 checkboxes.

As you say you tested it extensively I guess you might know already if these options do exist or not, should I guess then that your answer is a way to say, "most/everything you ask is in the application" ? Well, if so, I'm sorry but they seem to be too hide for anyone (or me) to see...if so, I would thank a clear guide to reveal them. .

Maybe the trial version has/shows less options than the activated one ? 

Thanks

• Moderators

@Darkbluesky

Using the trial version downloaded just now please note that the download size of Kamo is 135MB.

As far as I can see Kamo is a rename/variation of Trackoff which Avast purchased last year.

At the moment the uninstaller is not signed so you may have issues with your AV when you uninstall it.

Only Internet Explorer and Legacy Edge are supported it seems.

By default Kamo is set to run when you boot your machine.

Default whitelisted cookies are ccleaner, Piriform, Avast and AVG.

If you highlight a cookie from the suggested whitelist you can click add and it moves into the left-hand side. However removing a website from the list doesn't seem possible even though there is a bin you can click on. I tried highlighting a website and clicking on the bin, moving it to the other side and then highlighting and clicking on the bin. No matter what I did it stayed in the list.

This software needs a lot of work.

Not for me I'm afraid.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Jenny CCleaner

Hi @Darkbluesky

Thank you so much for contacting us. Here's some info on your questions. 

The 'Upgrade now' button should direct you here where you'll be able to purchase Kamo. As noted, the button is not working at this stage, but this will be fixed soon.     

At this stage Edge Chromium is not supported.  

To restore your fingerprint manually, access 'Browser protection' and toggle your selected browser from 'Protected' to 'Not protected' (Fingerprint is restored) and from 'Not protected' to 'Protected' (Fingerprint is changed). If the steps provided are not changing your fingerprint, please can you share details about the type of browser you're using and the steps you are following so that we can look into this. 

Thanks again for the feedback and info you've given. It's really helpful in understanding where we can make improvements to Kamo! 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Jenny CCleaner said:

I've updated the link in my previous post. It should be correct now. Thank you.

By the way Jenny, at that site the link goes to, there is a link to Trustpilot (bottom left of page) which leads to a 404

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi

Thanks for your reply. My version is 1.1.0.75.

I have just tested it with Chrome, and the page in my first post, I have folllowed your steps, goign to browser protection, toggle the protection off for Chrome, then toggle it again, I see that Kamo reports changing the fingerprint and then I refresh the test (or reload page), the fingerprint is exactly the same... If I wait between toggles to see the Kamo notification or fingerprint restored/changed, it is the same, the page always reports the same fingerprint...(even if I refresh the page between toggles)

EDIT: using uniquemachine.org I get a different fingerprint (but same Computer fingerprint) each time I reload it, with or without Kamo... Frankly this adds a lot of confusion and distrust on the user.

Tx

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Jenny CCleaner said:

@hazelnut could you check this page again  to see if you are still seeing the Trustpilot link (far left) and if it still leads to a 404?

Still leads to 404 Jenny. Is it anything to do with the default Trustpilot page which is set to USA (just guessing as I really have no idea!)

Screenshot 2020-11-24 135233.jpg

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

100% internet privacy? - Disconnect from the internet.

I'm not joking, whatever you do as long as you have an internet connection then it can never be 100% secure.

Everything has a risk, even walking down the road, you just do what you can to minimise that risk to an acceptable (to you) level.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043