Ccleaner slow to launch and wrong links in context menus

Hello, I have 2 issues.

First issue: I'm not the only one with this problem, apparently. I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise kept up to date. I've looked for solutions in the latest threads, but the suggested workarounds don't work for me. Ccleaner 5.66.7716 is very slow to launch: about 10 seconds from SSD. It wasn't always like this.

Second issue: the links in the Recycle Bin context menu (Open Ccleaner/Run Ccleaner) point to the 32 bit version. I wonder why it gets installed at all on a 64-bit system? Maybe the installer should be corrected.

• Moderators

The 32 bit ccleaner.exe opens the 64bit ccleaner64.exe that's why they point to the 32bit

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Admin
13 hours ago, KeepItClean said:

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise ... Ccleaner 5.66.7716 is very slow to launch: about 10 seconds

It should take around 2-3 seconds. If you are disconnected from the internet or have firewall rules set up that block CCleaner from operating then that will slow down startup.  If you are on Windows 10 Enterprise is this a work computer that your IT department may have pushed a configuration change to?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

@Dave CCleaner Indeed, it's a firewall rule. Thanks!

And indeed, corporate guidelines that for the time being I am still able to circumvent. I found the rule and disabled it - and Ccleaner started quickly as usual. As soon as the rule was reinstated , here's the slow start again.

MicroRant(TM): Couldn't Ccleaner give up more quickly on getting an Internet connection? What's it needed for, besides? I'm used to update everything manually anyway. Manual updates and short leash on all connections is part of my KeepItClean(TM) philosophy. Only half joking.

Edited by KeepItClean

• Moderators
5 hours ago, KeepItClean said:

@Dave CCleaner Indeed, it's a firewall rule. Thanks!

Couldn't Ccleaner give up more quickly on getting an Internet connection? What's it needed for, besides?

The first bit was posted here:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/58176-ccleaner-v5667716-very-slow-to-launch-blocking-ccleaner-will-slow-it-down/?do=findComment&comment=319407

What's any software, game, OS, etc., phoning home for: Updates, but mostly Telemetry.

2 hours ago, Andavari said:

Great reply! Thank you Andavari. Problem solved. Hm, Avast?? 😕

> What's any software, game, OS, etc., phoning home for: Updates, but mostly Telemetry.

Well, yes, I admit the second was a rhetorical question... 😉

EDIT - It seems I can't edit the subject and add [SOLVED] to the subject. Maybe Google will find it here too. SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED 2020

Edited by KeepItClean
note about SOLVED

• Moderators

Regular forum members can't edit topic titles. Those of us that have that ability don't usually edit them if possible because when editing them it breaks any URL links on this forum (or elsewhere Internet-Land) that point to a particular topic because of how Invision Power Board creates those URLs now.