MS EDGE CHRO REMOVED - STILL IN Cc

I uninstalled Edge chrom, but it's still popping up in cc.

how do I get rid of all traces of Edge chrom? something in regedit?

When I clean all other browsers in cc they are gone from sight, except edge chrom, it never leaves.

same for a few sites when I clean the the cookies in cc.  ms, yahoo. twitter - no matter how many time I clear the cookies they are always there even when I do n not visit those pages and I haven't saved them on the right side.  is there a list of registry entries I can delete, or is there something in the cc .ini I can delete or enter?

I also have autoruns anything in there I can uncheck?

thanks

e1.png

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, erincc said:

I uninstalled Edge chrom, but it's still popping up in cc.

how do I get rid of all traces of Edge chrom? something in regedit?

You can't uninstall / completely get rid of Edge Chrome - It's built into the Windows OS.

Files that come back can have a few reasons, automatically created by Windows, synced browser, live tiles on the start menu, etc.
See the second half of this for more info: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Edge Chrom wasn't built in - I have an old version of win10 - I downloaded, installed it, then uninstalled it, now there are traces left I can't get rid of.

The old edge is built in, that's still there, I use it seldom but ccleane makes it all go away not so, as you can see in the picture with edge chrom

Check if the following folders or registry keys still exist:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Edge

After deleting them, Edge Chromium should hopefully no longer be detected by CCleaner.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, erincc said:

Edge Chrom wasn't built in - I have an old version of win10 - I downloaded, installed it, then uninstalled it, now there are traces left I can't get rid of.

The old edge is built in, that's still there, I use it seldom but ccleane makes it all go away not so, as you can see in the picture with edge chrom

It's like Cortana and One Drive (and old Edge which it is replacing); you can uninstall or disable the interface but they cannot be removed completely.

Once you have installed Edge Chrome on any version of Windows 10 it will always leave traces behind that you cannot remove.

You can hide it, as APMichael says, but it will still be there as long as Win 10 is still there.

I suppose if you still have an ISO for the old Win 10 version you could reinstall that and start from scratch again?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

3 hours ago, APMichael said:

thanks folks!

I found the reg dir, but not sure which folder(s) to delete.

I'm fine with keeping the old Edge I only use it for points anyway.

btw in this entry

"C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge"

should I delete this folder, there's a ton of stuff in there

thanks again

3 hours ago, APMichael said:

e2.png

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

It's like Cortana and One Drive (and old Edge which it is replacing); you can uninstall or disable the interface but they cannot be removed completely.

Once you have installed Edge Chrome on any version of Windows 10 it will always leave traces behind that you cannot remove.

You can hide it, as APMichael says, but it will still be there as long as Win 10 is still there.

I suppose if you still have an ISO for the old Win 10 version you could reinstall that and start from scratch again?

I thought of restoring the whole thing, and I did make a back up (somewhere around here) - but at this point I'm sure something would go wrong. I keep wondering if I should just get a different OS.

• Moderators

I don't really see a problem.

Edge Chrome, old Edge, and IE, (and Cortana, and One Drive, and some things you may not have noticed .....), are still there on computers, so what?

Disable them (if you want), ignore them, and leave them alone, and they will never bother you.

• Moderators

20H1, or the May 2020 Upgrade I believe. (make your backups now if you don't do them regularly).

Although Old Edge will still be availble if you want to use it, just like IE is still there if you want (or need) to use it.

13 hours ago, erincc said:

... I found the reg dir, but not sure which folder(s) to delete. ...
btw in this entry "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge". should I delete this folder, there's a ton of stuff in there ...

e2.png

If still of interest:

The highlighted registry key "Edge" on your screenshot is the correct one. Click on "Edge" and delete it. You can also delete the key "EdgeUpdate".

Yes, you can delete the entire folder "Edge" under "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\". This folder only contains the Edge Chromium user profile ("User Data"), which you no longer need.

The old Edge has its own keys and folders.