CCleaner fails to launch

TerrenceTheB

Multiple attempts, restarting system, reinstalling Ms. Edge and  CCleaner -- all fail. CCleaner fails to launch. The only way I can get it to run is to use the "run option" after reinstalling. I hope CCleaner has a solution for this as I see others have the same issue. 

• Moderators

What antivirus do you use? People with trend micro and McAfee have reported similar problems.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm having the same problem as TerrenceTheB, however, I've reinstalled several times and can't even get it to open using the "run" option.  I have Windows 10 and use Trend Micro.  I've been using Windows 10, Trend Micro and CCleaner successfully for over a year without any problems with CCleaner.  Until now.  Please help us!

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peggie said:

I'm having the same problem as TerrenceTheB, however, I've reinstalled several times and can't even get it to open using the "run" option.  I have Windows 10 and use Trend Micro.  I've been using Windows 10, Trend Micro and CCleaner successfully for over a year without any problems with CCleaner.  Until now.  Please help us!

Update your trend micro definitions and whitelist ccleaner in trend micro.  Doing the first alone has worked for others.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Same problem. Downloaded and installed several times. Each time I Tried uninstalling/ reinstalling multiple times of cc cleaner free and  now pro including paid pro. But same thing happens when try to open program -Clicking on icon or in programs is “ unresponsive “ other than the blue box requesting permission to access computer. Give yes response on blue box and nothing happens. Also tried running as administrator and same thing. Help please.  I have trend micro av for several years now and used cc cleaner successfully daily. 

• Moderators

Some users are having issues with v5.65 that seem to be due to some antivirus programmes not recognising it yet.
Trend Micro seems to be a particular problem, and possibly McAfee.

If you are one of the affected users then for now we suggest re-installing and using a previous version, v5.64 or v5.63, which can be found under 'Older Versions' on the right of: https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Note that you will have to use the older version in Free mode.
If you register an older version then it will immediately update itself to v5.65 as soon as it registers, leaving you were you were at the start.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I downloaded/installed 5.4 just few minutes ago. Was attempting to get but it still does not open. When the blue box prompt comes up to allow changes to computer, when yes is clicked I get  error starting program “CCleaner requires Windows 7 or later” I have Windows 10. Now what should I do? I have spent most of afternoon and now evening with issues trying?  I also rechecked Trend micro and updated just now. Still not working. Please help me

Edited by NancyNew

I am also having trouble updating CCleanerV5. 64.7613 to V5.65.07632

The newest version 5.65 CCleaner, does not load after update.  Unfortunately, I lost all the rules I had previously setup in CCleaner eg; (cookies, file ignore, ect) when I uninstalled and reinstall old version.  I am using Trend Micro  Version: 16.0.1302 (Component versions)... that I have updated and still no solution.

Can you describe how to mute the update prompts each time I run CCleaner, until this problem is fixed?