Help!

Vanguard382

Hi this morning i was just playing some WoW and all of a sudden my computer froze...

So i restarted it and it brought up the thing saying start windows normally and last know config point and all that good stuff, so i choose normal. It went to the microst windows thing then restarted again. So then i tried last know and it did the same thing. I have tried safe mode and it even restarts itself. There is an error mesage but it flashes up so fast that it is impossible to read. I really don't want to have to reformat but what can i do. Is there any way to make it so i can read the error message before it goes away.

:o Help!!!! :o

im curious as to what the message says, you can press pause-break on your keyboard and that will stop the boot up if thats where the error message is. i would get out the windows cd and try to boot up or repair with that but im not sure if that would work...

Try pressing the Print Scrn button as soon as the error message appears, then open Paint and go to Edit-Paste.

You could have a virus or something that is loading at startup and rebooting your computer.

Might be worth asking at the Spyware removal board for help. Formatting may not even be necessary

well there could be a restart setting in the registry. thats simple to add. or it could be in the start up folder. are you using XP?

the error message COULD be a restart setting. it would tell your computer as soon as it boots to restart in 1 sec and theres an message box that can be seen when that happens. try using your cd if you have an XP and just do a repair. that might work.