CCleaner Deletes Valuable Application!

leagal

I used CCleaner to clean up old files from my computer, and today I went to use an application that I used almost daily, and it was gone!!! (Actually, two apps -- Product Studio and Bugger.) I am shocked. Now I'm going to have to waste time running around trying to install it again and get appropriate access to the right database.

This product advertises that it doesn't delete files that you need--it doesn't say anything about deleting APPLICATIONS!!! I am so angry. I'm going to delete this product and never use it again.

Disgruntled user.

• Moderators

You wouldn't have by chance did the unthinkable (as some other users have) and placed programs and/or important files in a Temp folder? CCleaner and many other cleaning apps will delete the contents of Temp folders because that's where junk files are supposed to reside.

If you...downloaded... those application and it came with a self-extracting zip, you might have installed it to a temp file, then when CCleaner came along, it would delete the files as Andavari said...

But users who can even turn Ccleaner into a deadly weapon should really not be allowed to use a computer! :(

:lol: That's really funny. But it's simple enough that we can teach them. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Checking the system path variables would be something to look into as well! ;) I can't image someone changing the temp and tmp path to an important folder location - but then again anything is possible. :rolleyes:

ccleaner is not the safest product... sometimes it makes trouble and applications don't work anymore after cleaning registry (e.g. ms office).

But I've never seen that it deletes applications... strange.

In situations like this, there is almost always a problem with the PC and not CCleaner. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I never experienced it deletes any software from the computer.

Maybe you installed those software in the TEMP folder.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I never experienced it deletes any software from the computer.

Maybe you installed those software in the TEMP folder.

agreed

Also, download Winapp2.ini. There is a link in my signature.