A little please: KB900725!

slowday444

Long before CCleaner provided the hotfix uninstall option I removed the uninstall files myself, so this is not CCs fault. When I check my Belarc Advisor it shows that fix as missing, however, every time I install it it doesn't "take" because it continues to show as missing with BA. Any suggestions? Thank You!

• Moderators

I had the same problem with three hotfixes in February after CCleaner screwed up their references in the registry which caused Microsoft Update/Windows Update to keep detecting them but not really installing them. I instead manually downloaded those KB* updates to install them which then installed without problems - I think.

If you go into regedit and search for the KB#, it will tell you if it is installed.

What is Belarc Advisor?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Greetings,

I use Belarc Advisor and have found in the past that it sometimes 'misses' details like hotfixes and updates.

It doesn't mean that there is a definant problem...

Check out this program called MvPCInfo [www.mvpcinfo.com]. It has a trial version that will run a complete audit of everything on your computer (hardware, software, internet, licenses, hotfixes...EVERYTHING!)

The paid version allows you to use it on up to five computers and receive all future updates. :)

If you go into regedit and search for the KB#, it will tell you if it is installed.

What is Belarc Advisor?

Thanks krit for the info! I've been having the exact same problem and following your suggestion it appears the two updates Belarc was flagging are OK.

?t? es mi h?roe :) !