RegSupreme

Canary

I often scan for Issues with CCleaner, and then fix them once I've found them.

But I've got a trial version of RegSupreme at the moment, and if I run that it seems to find more registry problems than CCleaner does.

So is it worth buying RegSupreme to run alongside CCleaner?

I often scan for Issues with CCleaner, and then fix them once I've found them.

But I've got a trial version of RegSupreme at the moment, and if I run that it seems to find more registry problems than CCleaner does.

So is it worth buying RegSupreme to run alongside CCleaner?

DO NOT BUY REGSUPREME PRO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

I personally used it for a while on my computer, but I found that it has a nasty habit of periodically removing entries that are necessary to your system! If I hadn't recently made a System Restore point on my system a couple days before my RegSupreme catastrophe, I would have had to wipe out everything and start from scratch!

Since it gives you false positives that can seriously tear up Windows, you'll want to leave that one alone.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

a lot of commercial Registry Cleaners suck in the sense that they mess up various parts of your system. the only ones that i use are CCleaner and RegSeeker. CCleaner never causes a problem but RegSeeker detects more entries so if you decide do use that, then you might consider making a backup first.

• Moderators

You can get good and thorough registry cleaning using CCleaner, EasyCleaner, and RegSeeker in a combined usage, e.g.; you have to use all three of them.

In EasyCleaner you'll of course have to exclude some detections. In RegSeeker you'll have to exlude even more so that it doesn't delete some valid entries, and with RegSeeker you have to pay close attention to what it wants to remove and even investigate it by double clicking the entry it finds to make your own determination if it really should be removed, left alone, or excluded from future detections.

From my experiences using commercial registry cleaners on a trial basis I've come to the conclusion that most of them either aren't very thorough and don't find squat that a few freeware registry cleaners would find, or are completely dangerous and have the ability to wreak havoc upon the Windows registry. A registry cleaner that is first safe, and second thorough in my opinion is the way to go.

----

Edit:

And of course before trusting your system and current install of Windows to an unknown registry cleaner you've never used before get into the habit of using System Restore to manually create a restore point before using a registry cleaner. Better yet is to make a known good registry backup using ERUNT.

No, it is not worth buying. Just make sure you dont get trash in into the system in the first place, heh.

And even if you that software could clean some stuff, its not really gonna make any noticeable difference. If you're gonna spend money, then invest it in hardware.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

CCleaner + TuneUp Utilities 2006 is a great combination, I used it for a long time. Then I started to look for a freeware and now I use CCleaner + Regseeker for reg cleaning and WinASO RegDefrag for reg defragmenting and I do not need tuneUp anymore. When I have download TuneUp again and started it it found nothing. It looks like TuneUp finds and deletes entries immediately and CCleaner finds and deletes them after 2 days. :)

CCleaner + TuneUp Utilities 2006 is a great combination, I used it for a long time. Then I started to look for a freeware and now I use CCleaner + Regseeker for reg cleaning and WinASO RegDefrag for reg defragmenting and I do not need tuneUp anymore. When I have download TuneUp again and started it it found nothing. It looks like TuneUp finds and deletes entries immediately and CCleaner finds and deletes them after 2 days. :)

is regseeker that good, I used it for a while until I found some reviews said that it installed spyware to the sys, although I found nothing wrong with it, I still uninstalled it and used easycleaner for a subsititution, now my combination is ccleaner+easycleaner+regcleaner, regcleaner just simply scans and lists all the applications exist in the reg, so you can remove those applications which have apparently uninstalled but still exist in the reg.

is regseeker that good, I used it for a while until I found some reviews said that it installed spyware to the sys, although I found nothing wrong with it, I still uninstalled it and used easycleaner for a subsititution, now my combination is ccleaner+easycleaner+regcleaner, regcleaner just simply scans and lists all the applications exist in the reg, so you can remove those applications which have apparently uninstalled but still exist in the reg.

TuneUP Utilities is a very fun toy. I'm using the trial version right now, but I'm not going to pay for it. I've been using RegSeeker for a little longer than TuneUp Utilities, and I am going to keep it.

The only thing, is that with RegSeeker you really need to know what you're doing because it will remove a lot of stuff that it shouldn't. I've spent some time adding my own things to the exclusion list, and a friend gave me a list of exclusions to add as well. I do not think that using 3 reg cleaners is necessary. One, maybe 2. Registry cleaning may speed up your computer a little, but cleaning the crap off of your PC is what really keeps it optimized.

I use CCleaner daily, and RegSeeker about once a week.

CCleaner + RegSeeker

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

RegSeeker does not install any malware onto the system, it actually doesn't even install since the download is stored within a .zip archive.

There's a few possibilities:

* an antivirus product detecting the .exe as being infected or suspicious because regseeker.exe is compressed with UPX. Simply decompressing the file will remove the false positive. And those antivirus softwares that falsely detect UPX compressed files should have figured out by now that not all UPX compressed files are used for malicious reasons, UPX is just an executable compression system. And by the way some developers will use UPX because it's free and they can't afford some way to encrypt/protect their software.

* a rogue antispyware app has marked it as spyware to trick people into buying their crappy software.

* another developer/company is bad mouthing it to try and steal some end-users.

There's other possibilities, but what I've listed about sums it up.