A User Personalization Proposal for Firefox

hazelnut

• Moderators
One of the many benefits of the Web is its ability to create a unique, tailored experience for the individual user.

Translation:

One of the many benefits of the web is that we can spy on your every move. We can watch and take note of absolutely everything you do and there's nothing you can do about it.

Armed with the endless information we learn about you we can make a very good living from the money the advertisers pay us for it. Then said advertisers can target you with what they think you need and everyones happy. Except maybe you.

This is the cost of "free software".

Just my humble opinion of course.

• Moderators

I've thought on this for many days and here is my conclusion; like any semantic "trend" system, this is a failure to understand the human being. Just because I've looked up something doesn't mean I am universally interested in it. It's bad enough when Netflix and TiVo try it ("Oh you like the ponies" - Patton Oswalt) but to have my browser see that I read a article of item X and assume that I must then be interested in X is just a step far too far.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com