dumb question

jwall

Hi,

New to Defraggler, but have a question.

I have a 40 gig HD on an old Lenovo laptop and I analyzed the disk and Defraggler said it was 14% fragmented.

I did a quick defrag and it then showed 12% fragment. There were 5 fragmented files.

Is this normal behaviour? Would I have to do a full defrag to get to 0%? Quick defrag does not get to 0%?

The quick defrag was fairly fast and I'm using default settings and this is an XP SP3 system.

Thank you.

Thanks for the linfo. I did have the options checked, but I have not done a boot defrag. What I have done is: defragged the fragmented files (5) and managed to defrag four of the five. The program aborts at the pagefile.sys file. I've added this to the exclude list, but it still aborts at this file. I have managed to get it to 8% fragmented so I'll either live with it or try something else.

• Moderators

8% is not a worrying amount of fragmentation, in the file list tab what files do you see listed as still fragmented.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

8% is not a worrying amount of fragmentation, in the file list tab what files do you see listed as still fragmented.

I got it down to just the pagefile where when trying to defrag it, the program aborts. If 8% is no big deal, I'm ok with that.

I assume a boot defrag takes care of the pagefile?

Thanks all for the help.