Expensive software, heh

Eldmannen

I saw on a website, that Norton Systemworks 2006 costs $100.

It is very much money for a piece of software, does people really pay that?

And for that software?

Honestly, I would not even install Norton Systemworks if they payed me $100. :P

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Only $100? Wow, that is suprisingly cheap considering what they charged for Systemworks 2005. But yes, it is indeed overpriced, and it is indeed crap. The whole idea behind it is to speed up your computer, but Systemworks hogs resources worse than any app I have ever heard of! Even on the fastest, most optimized computer, Systemworks can do nothing but bog it down.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

...someone needs to blow them outta the water.

Totally! MS too. That's the problem with software; it seems like seniority is more important than the product's capabilities. I mean, obviously there are better antivirus/antispyware/firewalls than Norton, but people seem to be under the impression that since Symantec's been around for a while, they are the best. That may be true in some fields, but advances in software and hardware come and go so rapidly that what is top of the line one day is crap a week later.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally! MS too. That's the problem with software; it seems like seniority is more important than the product's capabilities. I mean, obviously there are better antivirus/antispyware/firewalls than Norton, but people seem to be under the impression that since Symantec's been around for a while, they are the best. That may be true in some fields, but advances in software and hardware come and go so rapidly that what is top of the line one day is crap a week later.

True

Other things are like that.

Metallica got worse instead of better, but people still paid scads of $$$ to see them live. What a rip-off. I think it should be called price gouging, :P

Metallica got worse instead of better, but people still paid scads of $$$ to see them live. What a rip-off. I think it should be called price gouging, :P

The only thing getting worse is your constant posts. I believe Forum Nuisance is a nice title for you. Resurrecting old threads, not taking the hints from mods, flaming members, not taking the hint from plain english messages that tell you what to avoid doing.