Scan Failure

bigaldoc

My copy of 1.44 is (was) installed in my XP MCE SP3 system (C: drive)

When I had it scan my C: drive, it completes stage 1 OK but during stage 2, damage assessment, it gets to 70% and stops. The remaining time keeps increasing from 5...10...15 seconds etc. until I get a crash "send/don't send" window. I've looked at the details of the crash report and it lists more than 60 "modules" (DLLs). I click don't send and Recuva closes.

The Event Viewer shows Event ID 1000 which seems to be pretty generic. I rebooted to do a CHKDSK on the C: which found no problems, so I tried Recuva again with the same result as above. Either there's a program bug or there's "something" on my C: drive that it can't deal with.

I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove version 1.44 and then re-installed 1.43 which does not have this problem on my system and completes its assessment just fine.

Any ideas or anyone else having this problem?

• Moderators

Yes, similar, my XP box hangs at around 80%, but then continues to the end after a little while. Perhaps you have a larger disk with more files and that's causing the crash. Maybe some others will chip in with their experiences.

• Moderators

Does this mean I should stick to 1.43 for the moment? How does it do in Windows 7?

This is about scan failure on 1.44 on XP.

Perhaps try it yourself on Windows 7 and see. Then report back.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Just ran ver 1.44.778 on wxp pro, 1 tb HDD. All the boxes checked. Didn't watch it. Looks like this

th_recuva1.jpg

Seems to have completed, but a message along the bottom says "Incomplete results. NTFS, 932 gb, cluster size 4096. Found 59230 file(s), (0 ignored), in 1229.89 sec."

That sound normal?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Just ran ver 1.44.778 again, wxp home, 45 gb partition. All the boxes checked. Watched it run this time.

It completed normally this time.

edit: was wrong, all boxes not checked, doing that now. . . . Done, completed successfully.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

sir i have lost my very important images which was stored on the F-DRIVE of my WINDOWS 7 64bit lenovo laptop...mistakely i formatted the f-drive..after launching the recuva, at first it didn't find any files on my f-drive and then when i tried to do deep scan, after the completion of the scan my laptop automaticaly restarted without showing any searched files as a result of the scan....i tried two times but same thing happened,just after the completion of scan blue screen appears and then system restarts without showing any searched file...i am in big problem...please reply as soon as possible...

thank you!

@ priya

Please start a separate topic. Your problem is not an XP problem and confusion may result.

Also please identify in that topic whether these important images are multi GigaByte Windows Backup image files or photographic image files.