You Tube help

Corona

I have an mp3 (iTunes) podcast of John & Kens' radio show from a week ago which I'd like to edit shorter & upload with a non-video (think static pic) on You Tube just so I can share a few minutes of it on another forum. Unfortunately I have a very minimal idea on how to do that. You Tube doesn't accept pure sound/music files but they do accept music videos, or sound with a static pic. I know of free audio programs but hell if I ever saw one that allowed adding a pic or video to a strictly-audio track. Yet I see them posted all the time on You Tube. Andavari, I'm looking at you!

:ph34r:

• Moderators

I've never added just audio to a completely blank non-existent video file before, so sorry I don't know. Unless of course you used some free video converter program that could do it all automagically which again I don't know of any that can do that.

That's what another forum pal showed me, Hazelnut. That same link. Amazing how You Tube doesn't accept mp3s, wavs, jpegs or pngs. Can you imagine in todays' computer age anyone using those backward & thoroughly outdated formats? I'm being sarcastic of course. <_<

But I'll give it the ol' convoluted try again. Later. After I've completely woken up. My one earlier experience with Windows Live (which, by the way, I believe MS is dropping any further support from) was a disaster. I tried to buy MS Office 2010. They said sign into Windows Live. Every time I tried to open a new account & put in my personal info it would squish my stuff in one box or put it into the wrong box, etc. I gave up after 30 minutes. And I was trying to buy something from them. :rolleyes:

Halloween's over pal. Change it. :P But thanks for the link!

On another forum concerning the same situation (and same solution that Hazel put forward)...

Hours & hours of finding my old Cool Edit 2000 Studio (including finding my name & password I used to register it back in 2001) to re-record & edit the John & Ken clip from the 30 minute clip I pulled from my iTunes podcast. Then hours & hours of trying to figure out Windows Live Movie Maker even though I had the online guide to help me through it all. (Major cautionary tale I learned...in "audio options" of WLM Maker they refer to time as 0:00:000. Next, in "video/pic options" they refer to time as 00.00. ) It took me over an hour to realize I was accidentally using a colon instead of a period! tearhair.gif

GREAT FRIGGING PROGRAMMING, WINDOWS! shakehead.gif

Getting it onto You Tube was easy in comparison.

And here it is...enjoy.

audio 1:24