Problems Uninstalling NAV CE 9.0

Jujubee

Hello all. I am using Windows 98 and I have IE 6.0, with the latest updates from Microsoft.

I recently developed a problem with Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0. I noticed that the antivirus resident scanner was not automatically loading on Windows start-up. So when I went to Start-->All Programs-->NA CE to try and load the scanner manually, I received a notification that a criticall .dll file was missing. I was not able to access the program at all, so I decided to delete it and install AVG Free Edition. There is no Undelete NAV CE in the start menu, so I decided to go to Control Panel-->Add/Remove programs

When I tried to uninstall NAV CE 9.0 in Add/Remove programs, Microsoft Windows Installer would pop up trying to install NAV CE! But since it could not find the installation files, it just closed the window. NAV CE still remained in the Add/Remove programs list.

I tried re-booting in Safe Mode and removing NAV CE 9.0 in Add/Remove programs, and I still got the same problem!

I am able to remove other programs using Add/Remove programs (although for some reason the Sunbelt anti-spyware trial version that I thought I long ago had deleted will not delete when I used Add/Remove programs. It has the same problem as the NAV CE when I try to uninstall it)

Can someone help me out? How can I get rid of NAV CE 9.0 completely? I should mention, that I had a previous version of NAV CE installed before I upgraded it to NAV CE 9.0

Try reading all this link, it names where you can get removal tools which may help you.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233#

25835[/snapback]

Hi hazelnut. I looked at that link before.

The SymNRT tool does not say that it can remove Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0.

If you look at the list, it can only remove:

Norton AntiVirus 2004/2005/2006

Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004

Norton AntiVirus 3, 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006

Norton GoBack 3.1/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1

Norton SystemWorks 2004 Professional Edition

Norton SystemWorks 2005/2006 Premier

Norton SystemWorks 2004/2005/2006

Norton SystemWorks 2006 Basic Edition

Norton Password Manager 2004

Norton Internet Security 2004/2005/2006

Norton Internet Security 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006

Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition 8.2

Norton Personal Firewall 2004/2005/2006

Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005

Norton Ghost 2003/9.0/10.0

• Moderators

Did a bit more searching, this page says it is for help in removal of corporate edition 9 on windows 98 systems. It's worth a look anyway!

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-s...=&osv_lvl=&seg=

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com