Cookie list is not complete!

John Grey

I have a problem staying logged in at certain sites, and I found the reason.

When I check all the cookies from that site I want to keep in ccleaner options, nothing happens.

When I go to the Firefox cookie list, I find three more different(!) cookies from that site, which do not turn up in ccleaner and so will be deleted every time!

What is going on?

When you drag the cookies-to-keep to the right panel, they don't stay?

Sorry, what I mean is: I want to save some cookies, which are deposited on my computer. But I cannot do that, because they do not turn up in the list on the left side of ccleaner.

But they are installed. The list in Firefox options shows that those three cookies were installed from the website, but ccleaner does not show them in the list on the left side, and so I cannot move them to the right side...

I click on Tools and from the drop down list I click on Options - I see no cookies but lots of other things.

No matter what I click I cannot see cookies even though CCleaner shows many.

What is your navigation route from Tools / Option / ??? / etc / Cookies ?

I click on Tools and from the drop down list I click on Options - I see no cookies but lots of other things.

No matter what I click I cannot see cookies even though CCleaner shows many.

What is your navigation route from Tools / Option / ??? / etc / Cookies ?

WHERE????????

ccleaner or Ff?

My question is: "When I go to the Firefox cookie list, I find three more different(!) cookies, which do not turn up in the ccleaner cookie list and so those three will be deleted every time!"

What do you not understand in that question? I want ALL cookies to turn up in the ccleaner list, so I can move them to the right side, so they will stay on the computer..... because only then can I stay looged in.

• Moderators

what are the three cookies? Can you make a screen shot of both Firefox and ccleaner and post them to the thread

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Something to try is a hidden feature in CCleaner:

Right-click in the 'Cookies to Keep' area and select: Intelligent Scan

It "may then find your cookies". If that doesn't work you can manually input them via that right-click. ;)

Screenshot of the hidden right-click feature:

JjTixyLZ7Q.png

The list in Firefox options shows that those three cookies were installed from the website, but ccleaner does not show them in the list on the left side, and so I cannot move them to the right side...

WHERE????????

ccleaner or Ff?

Obviously in Firefox itself,

I know how to see the Cookies which CCleaner can see, both on the left hand side and the right hand side.

I cannot see even one cookie via the Tools / Options in the Firefox browser itself - I do not know where you are looking to observe

those three cookies were installed from the website.

Al, he's looking in the same place you are -- FF\Options\Privacy\remove individual cookies.

I can relate to John cos I have 5 cookies (paypal, twitter, etc.) on the FF list of 35 that are not showing in CC.

There is no way I can force the 5 onto the CC Delete panel so that they can be dragged to my Keep list.

Al, he's looking in the same place you are -- FF\Options\Privacy\remove individual cookies.

I can relate to John cos I have 5 cookies (paypal, twitter, etc.) on the FF list of 35 that are not showing in CC.

There is no way I can force the 5 onto the CC Delete panel so that they can be dragged to my Keep list.

Thanks for the route.

If you uncheck the Macromedia / Flash and use CCleaner to simply clean only the Firefox Cookies, does this remove paypal, twitter etc,

or does firefox have a different hiding place that CCleaner ignores for both ANALYZE and CLEAN ?

. . . uncheck the Macromedia / Flash and use CCleaner to simply clean only the Firefox Cookies, does this remove paypal, twitter etc,

or does firefox have a different hiding place that CCleaner ignores for both ANALYZE and CLEAN ?

Can't try this cos CC analyze (41.3 MB) currently shows no cookies in Delete column.

I can (and now did) remove paypal and twitter in FF\Options\Privacy\remove individual cookies. I am not using CC's Intelligent scan for cookies to keep.

Apparently FF is blocking CC's access to some cookies or CC is ignoring them, which is why John can't save them.

(btw, I have 55 cookies saved in Keep column.)

Thank you.... my faith in humanity is saved...

At least one person here understands a rather simple questíon, and even answers it.

So there is no way? What a nuisance.

I always thought that ccleaner finds all installed cookies? Does ccleaner have any other handicaps?

Thanks for the route.

If you uncheck the Macromedia / Flash and use CCleaner to simply clean only the Firefox Cookies, does this remove paypal, twitter etc,

Yes, now you got it.....

So my question now is, why does ccleaner not do, what it promises, find ALL the cookies on my computer and thenlets me decide...

There is a white list, I got the information I need, it is here

http://i1051.photobu.../exceptions.jpg

Which on the other hand, does not answer the question why ccleaner does not find all the cookies.... which really makes one think...

What else does ccleaner not find?????

I just closed firefox and and ran ccleaner.

After that I also ran unCleaner which found 52 more files to delete, after a session of two hours....

• Moderators

Firefox version?

Add-ons installed?

CCleaner Version?

Windows OS Version and SP level?

(note for version do NOT state "most recent" give actual version numbers)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 4 weeks later...

OK , I figured this out , it's very simple , just follow these instructions :

1. Open CCleaner

2. Click on "Applications" (I'm using Firefox , but this would apply to any browser)

3. Uncheck "Cookies"

4. Close CCleaner

5. Open your browser go to any site you want to have cookies placed on the "list"

6. Close browser

7. Open CCleaner , click on "Options" then "Cookies" , now you will see the sites you just went to and you can "highlight" them and move them over to the "Cookies to Keep" side.

8. Go back to the "Applications" tab and put back the check mark to delete "Cookies"

Now it will not delete the cookies that you placed in the "Cookies to Keep" side , but it will delete all the other cookies.

What is happening is that all the cookies you want to save are being deleted automatically by CCleaner when you close your browser , that's why they never make it to "the list" .