Defraggler colours not working

Kas

After the latest update, the colours are not showing, all I get are shades of grey.

I have looked at the Setings and see no way of fixing this. All previous versions were OK. My version is v2.10.424. The Drive Map settings are on Modern View and the Colours are all greyed out, there is no facility to change them.

Please can you explain what is wrong ?

Thank you.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

I cannot reproduce/confirm this. And it seems a very weird issue. Are you sure it's only Defraggler?

Yes, it is just my Defraggler. The files are shown in various grey`s on opening and when it is Defragging, yellow shows and brown for the Pagefiles, with a few purple and red`s, but the rest are shades of a pale blue/green colour. It just looks different from my previous versions.

I suppose it is OK, but I am sure there were colours shown before on opening instead of grey`s. Perhaps I am mistaken.

It works OK, so maybe I am wasting everybodies time and if this is the case, I sincerely apologise.

For the moment, it is probably best to see how it goes.

I use Windows XP Home, 32 bit with SP3.

Thank you for your replies.

Uninstall and reinstall Defraggler.

I have done that and no difference.

To make it clearer, please see the following screen shots. If they are normal, please advise, if they are not then what is wrong ?

1. defraggler on opening :-

Defrag-open.jpg

2. defraggler defragging :-

Defrag-Defragging.jpg

3. Colours panel - completely useless :-

Defrag-colours.jpg

These screen shots shound clarify the problem.

That is the correct display for Modern View. Switch to Original View or Custom View and see what happens.

Switched to Custom View as suggested by yourself and Power. On opening, the small squares have changed to bars and still there is no colour at Opening or Analysing. The only colours that appear are on Defragging. All other views are in grey, opening and analysing. Here are the screen shots :-

Custom View at Opening :-

Defrag-Custom.jpg

Custom View Defragging :-

defrag-CustomDefragging.jpg

If you want it to show in blocks, you must select the block view, not bars.

It appears you have selected bars view as your default.

As for the grey, that is normal.

Defraggler has no way of knowing if a file is fragmented/page file/etc until AFTER it analyzes a drive.

Sure, it may have analyzed a drive in a prior defrag, but non-fragmented files may become fragmented since last defrag.

Therefore, the colors only appear after analyze, because this is the point at which Defraggler has indexed all the files & knows the state of each.

If you want it to show in blocks, you must select the block view, not bars.

It appears you have selected bars view as your default.

As for the grey, that is normal.

Defraggler has no way of knowing if a file is fragmented/page file/etc until AFTER it analyzes a drive.

Sure, it may have analyzed a drive in a prior defrag, but non-fragmented files may become fragmented since last defrag.

Therefore, the colors only appear after analyze, because this is the point at which Defraggler has indexed all the files & knows the state of each.

Thanks so much for the explanation. I fully understand and have now switched to Block view. All is working fine as per your comments.

The matter is now fully answered and I sincerely thank all who helped. Sorry to lumber you all with what is obviously an elementary matter.

I am just glad that we were able to help you! :)

Confucius say :-

"Man who make mountains out of mole hills, make little progress".