Anvi Smart Defender

krissy.only

The download is free of financial cost,

but you bear the risk of whatever the C/Net Downloads.com site chooses to infest you with.

The licence is NOT free but the price is not disclosed,

and no way am I going to go via C/Net to access any purchasing links.

Krissy, if your looking a free antivirus, there are 3 that are well known.

AVG/Avira/Avast.

Avira bugs you to update, unless you set a global policy to ignore their updater.

Avast has a few too many false positives. Maybe not immediately apparent, but readily so if you let it access your external drive.

AVG seems to have the least false positives & best UI overall. Might be more resource intensive than Avira, but still seems to do pretty good overall.

One of the 3 should do the job. I would be more careful of selecting something like Anvi Smart Defender.

• Moderators

I would personally wait for any new anti-malware and let some people who know how to properly test stuff put up some YouTube videos, etc., or post testing details on their sites.

AVG/Avira/Avast.

There's also Microsoft Security Essentials, and Panda Cloud Antivirus. Both are trustworthy, and Panda Cloud Antivirus is very good for underpowered systems like those mini netbooks, old systems, and for anyone that doesn't want an installed antivirus hogging system resources.

I also used anvi smart defender last day. my pc speed is improved. I like it. I also saw they have an activity for lucky draw. I have joined it. my invite link is *********************** If you participate the activate with my invite link, I have an opportunity to win iPhone 4s. You can also invite your friends to join, and you can win iPhone 4s. Thanks for your support, kind people. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Staged indeed I think, maybe not spam though but "clever" marketing. Mostly this program seems like they're trying to talk big (including having a number of (unknown) sites saying

post-21882-0-19526500-1325007331_thumb.jpg

and many Free PR and Press Release Sites

More research (though testing of the product should occur on sites deceditated to seuch persuits)

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Anvi+Smart+Defender

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com