One User Account or All User Accounts?

bill1973

When I am in my User Account and use CCleaner to delete from Windows all my Temp Files , History, Cookies, Index dat files and Temp Files and internet cache in my Applications(Firefox), does it delete them just from my User Account or all User Accounts including Administration Accounts on my computer?

• Moderators

Because it causes to many problems to clean all users.

Example: Mom freaks out when you delete her internet history and now she can't get to her email website because she doesn't know the address

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes. Advanced option to would be great.

Example: Malware infects your computer, & one of the hidden profiles that normally never connects to the web. Suddenly, it has 10's of thousands of files (due to the malware using it to download & infect the computer)

Which causes scans to take longer when you are trying to remove the malware.

Would be great to be able to clean this garbage all in one go, even if it is just an advanced option.

• Moderators

When on an affected computer care should be taken with emptying temp files.

Some nasties move and hide start up folders and other essentials into temp files 'for fun'.

You clean the temp folder in those circumstances and you are in trouble.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

@Hazel, & in that case, it may be tricky repairing it without a full re-installation.

Meaning, if you use Windows XP & move administrative tools from the start menu to the desktop, then if you later move it back, no ill is suffered if I recall correctly.

However, if you do this under either Vista or 7, then even if you move it back, it always attempts to install to the start menu reference that used to exist on the desktop, instead of the one on the start menu. Or, will recreate that folder right back to the desktop (or wherever it was that you had moved it).

If the malware has infected a system this seriously, in some cases, a re-install is simply easier. But in most other ordinary cases, it would be so much better to simply include the advanced option to clean multi-user systems.

I use Killbox (on XP) to delete the temp files of other users. Not really its main purpose but it just happens to be the handiest tool I have found for that.

Deletes from All Users, Default User, Local Service, Network Service as well as individual users. Lets you chose what from who. Used it for years and zero problems. Go to: Tools > Delete Temp Files.

Free. Installed and non-installed versions. Google "pocket killbox".

killshot-2.png