Two keys on keyboard intermittently working...

LuLu

So as the subject heading says, two keys on my laptop keyboard intermittently stop working. It's the zero and nine keys. Just started about 2 days ago...no dust underneath, no liquids spilled, keys aren't loose. The girl I got the laptop from had replaced the keyboard just a few months before she gave it to me last March/April, so its not even quite a year old yet. It's driving me nuts when they stop working. Any ideas what the issue could be?

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

open up the laptop case and reseat the keyboard. if the former owner replaced the keyboard recently she may not have plugged it in tight enough

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys...

It's a Gateway MX6445.

It seems to be seated pretty well. I mean, I've had it since last April and this is the first time the keys have gone funky.

And yes, it's the keys on top of the keyboard. I wish I had the separate numerica pad. <_<

Since the 0 and 9 are next to each other it's highly possible there's a faulty track on the circuit board rather than dirt or dust under the keys.

You have a few options to choose from:

-external wired or wireless keyboard

-replace the keyboard

-simulate the pressing 0 and 9 by software remapping of other keys - http://www.autohotkey.com/

If you need help with Autohotkey I could create a simple macro script for your keyboard layout :)

Richard S.

Hmm... I think I'll just buy one of the external numerical pads. That's probably the easiest. lol