Gonna buy a Laptop

login123

Good thing at UEFI. BIOS is old and outdated. UEFI is the only way to boot to a drive larger than 2.19 TB's. It's a combination of having a 64bit OS, UEFI, and a GPT partition. So that new Western Digital 3TB Green HDD can be booted from, but it needs to be done like this. I was listening to MaximumPC's podcast and they did it.

AJ

If I'm not mistaken, you can split big hard drives in multiple partitions and boot from them. Not sure, though..:unsure:

Piriform French translator

If I'm not mistaken, you can split big hard drives in multiple partitions and boot from them. Not sure, though..:unsure:

You're definitely right. I think the first attempt just to see what happened, it gave them a 2.19 TB partition and another partition with the remaining space (made it sound like they didn't have to do anything- it just happened). This is going to become more relative for media center PC's that don't really need more than one partition. I'm glad UEFI is getting rid of the BIOS, just cause of it being so outdated and old. Yes it works, but it doesn't need to be so basic.

AJ

"major epiphany"

Inexpensive to buy, run, and maintain.

Simple and unique screen refresh system, no memory or cpu issues, and as fast as you want it to be.

No brainer really, and it's already been mentioned on here before.

A Desktop?

I'd really want one but mother already uses the iMac which I hate, and I need a Laptop for school.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

HP Envy gets HIGH marks but I've not used one (but will shill for HP as they make Palm and Palm is AWESOME :P )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

HP Envy gets HIGH marks but I've not used one (but will shill for HP as they make Palm and Palm is AWESOME :P )

HP bought Palm - they didn't make it.

DennisD >> Isn't it Lenovo ?

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

Yes am quite aware they bought not made ;) not really what i meant :P

anyway, on subject, I really do think the Envy is a powerhouse machine from what i've read.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Wow, thanks a million for all the help and suggestions. You guys are the best, no question about it.

Good tip on when to buy, and great reference links. Even a picture, thanks Dennis. <_< All that remains is to decide, shell out the cash, weep a bit, and learn Win 7. :-)

Probably be a utilitarian laptop, like Rridgely says, and hope old HAL here stays awake for a while. That Envy does look nifty, maybe too expensive for what I need.

Thanks again.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

have a samsung r780 laptop here, much of the innards made by samsung (ram, motherboard, hdd etc)& spread out well to make heat a very small concern ... core i3 more than adequate for me, not being a gamer

they seem to have a good range and as long as you don't specify corei7 reasonable affordable