Naughty Dell

kroozer

A total boycott of all Dell products will put them in the corporate grave they deserve to be in. This is the least of what should happen. They should be criminally charged with stealing billions of dollars from customers who were knowingly sold faulty products.

• Moderators

They should be criminally charged with stealing billions of dollars from customers who were knowingly sold faulty products.

They probably have the money to pay it though. I've had issues with two of my Dell computers and I'm not even pissed at them about it, because it's been known for years online that you really shouldn't buy a Dell - now those sentiments have finally sunken in. We were always wondering why our Dell computers would die so soon while friends with their other branded computers were still going strong.

Also companies that face legal problems which are big enough can just split themselves up into different segments, it's happened before.

I remember years ago in the business world Michael Dell was going to set out to be the #1 computer seller in the world....no matter what.

Congrats Mike, nice job. :P

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Yes indeed, I'm on my second MOBO from them and if this replacement also goes kaput I'll just get a different PC - but it sure as hell won't be another Dell.

I'm on my 3rd laptop, all ThinkPads, first two IBM, third Lenovo.

1999 i1460 W98SE

2002 R32 XP Pro

2008 R500 Vista

All still work but basically upgraded for more of everything. First two really solidly built machines, the Lenovo, not bad. They cost a little more but I like them!!

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

I have been happy with Dell for many years, but earlier this year my OptiPlex GX270 failed - something on the motherboard. (Maybe the very thing that started this topic?)

So I called them, and they said they will come and pick it up, but I'll have to send them ¥5,000 first to cover the transport cost.

After they received and examined it, they found faults on the MOBO, then sent me the bill (almost ¥50,000) which stated that I must pay the bill before they actually start to repair it!

What kind of business practice is this???

There were other things during that whole repair thing that I found highly questionable: when I first called Dell Support with my problem, I had someone on the phone who spoke very well English. When they found out that I was a private customer they said that they cannot provide English support for private customers, corporate customers only...

What kind of business practice is this???