So Sad

hazelnut

LOL, its only February 25, 2010 and yet IE6 died on a March 1, 2010. That day didn't even happen yet. I agree with the others in there, he will never be forgotten.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators
Personally, IE6 was my last version that I enjoyed. IE 7 and 8 are bloated and slow.

It was straight forward to use and I liked the GUI with all the buttons accessible just like Firefox still is. Starting with IE7 if a site didn't work in Firefox I just forget it and went elsewhere as I'm not compelled to use IE8 at all but for one site only and that's just Microsoft Update. I just can't get past my complete utter loathing of the GUI design in newer versions.

Personally, IE6 was my last version that I enjoyed. IE 7 and 8 are bloated and slow. Firefox and Chrome are all I need :D

I thought IE6 was featureless. I used FF back then but switched back to IE with tabbed browsing in IE7.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with IE6 at work ... large public-sector departments tend to move forwards at dinosaur pace and our corresponding dev environment is no exception.

• Moderators
large public-sector departments tend to move forwards at dinosaur pace and our corresponding dev environment is no exception.

So the dev department hasn't developed the need into actually updating things. :lol: You're right though as most businesses won't update IE let alone Windows. I understand not updating Windows solely as an overall cost issue and possible retraining of some people to use it properly (wait they don't really train people anymore).

I thought IE6 was featureless. I used FF back then but switched back to IE with tabbed browsing in IE7.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with IE6 at work ... large public-sector departments tend to move forwards at dinosaur pace and our corresponding dev environment is no exception.

What I meant was that in just IE terms, I felt like since 6 it's just been full of bloat and junk. I've been using Firefox since late 1.X/early 2.X and have never looked back. I'm just saying if I had to use it, I could forgo tabbed browsing and use it over IE 7/8. Firefox and Chrome are what I roll with 99.99% of the time.

AJ

What I meant was ...

My comment wasn't a 'comeback' AJ :) ... just sharing a different view ;)

I actually thought IE7 was a vast improvement over 6 (hence my return to IE). I don't think there's much to choose between 7 and 8. That's not really to say I'm a massive 'fan' - I'm just happy to stick with MS on this one.

I have Firefox portable as a standby, though I should really try some other browsers sometime ;)