Regarding 'wiped out games'......

Cyndi75

:o I've just installed this cleaner, & now see my husbands games have disappeared. Have yet to check around, but I'm sure other items are gone to. Can I retrieve the games,or do I re-install everything? How can I keep what I want, & just get Cleaner to eliminate the junk?

Thanks for any help ! :)

:o I've just installed this cleaner, & now see my husbands games have disappeared. Have yet to check around, but I'm sure other items are gone to. Can I retrieve the games,or do I re-install everything? How can I keep what I want, & just get Cleaner to eliminate the junk?

Thanks for any help ! :)

I have Windows XP & I think the games were installed by my son from discs.

Woman, go back to the kitchen for God's Sake and leave alone things you don't understand :lol:

Woman, go back to the kitchen for God's Sake and leave alone things you don't understand :lol:

That's just completely unnecessary. People come here for help, not sarcastic & abusive remarks.

As Andavari has said, ccleaner does not have the ability by default to just remove applications.

Have you searched in C:\Program Files?????

No fate but what we make

Hi, Cyndi75. :D

In spite of this rough start, most everybody here will help as they can.

Maybe you can post up as many details as you can about how you used Ccleaner to delete the programs, what hardware and software you are using, etc.

Lightman, :angry: it isn't gonna be easy to dig out of this hole you're in. I speak only for myself. Do not contact me.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

If you have nothing constructive to add as in helping people you're completely barking up the wrong tree and are on the wrong forum, hence a warning increase on your member account and a 7 days suspension from being able to post for insulting a forum member. Any further disrespect and you will be banned.

-------------------

Lets now get back on topic and disregard Lightman's rude post!

• Moderators

I'm still thinking it must have been games that are Adobe Flash Player based or Sun Java based since CCleaner by default does remove Adobe Flash Player cache and Sun Java cache. Both of which can be disabled by unticking them in the large Cleaner button area.

Ok ; A discription of one problem with a lost game....

I found the pinball game in 'Start' menu

opening it brings up 'wavemix' in C:\program files.

clking on 'wavemix' brings up 'notepad' with a lot of info I don't understand.

'Install' fails

there are other options such as 'open with' 'send to' etc.

Does this make things a bit clearer ?

Thanks ! : )

Ok ; A discription of one problem with a lost game....

I found the pinball game in 'Start' menu

opening it brings up 'wavemix' in C:\program files.

clking on 'wavemix' brings up 'notepad' with a lot of info I don't understand.

'Install' fails

there are other options such as 'open with' 'send to' etc.

Does this make things a bit clearer ?

Thanks ! : )

Give us another clue please ! !

What is the file extension, i.e. is the file

wavemix.inf,

wavemix.dll,

wavemix.txt,

etc. etc.

There may be further clues in

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-games/983704.htm

Alan

Its looking like something went wrong with the registry. Give more details please and have you made any backups of the registry fixes you did with CCleaner if you did any????

Pinballs come preinstalled with Windows XP and that is not the kind of game that you usually install using installation disks.

Maybe a screenshot of the problem will make things clearer.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Windows games that are pre-installed with the operating system can very easily be reinstalled if they're missing or corrupted:

1. You'll need the Windows installation media, and possibly Administrator privileges!
  2. Open the Control Panel and go into Add or Remove Programs
  3. In Add or Remove Programs click the third icon on the left named Add/Remove Windows Components.
    42f0e067544803.gif
  4. Highlight Accessories and Utilities, then click Details.
    3a3f7367544899.gif
  5. Untick Games, then click OK. Windows should remove the games.
    604e8a67545318.gif
  6. Now tick Games, then click OK. Windows should install/repair the games making them available again including any missing shortcuts.
    1dd56267545356.gif
  7. Exit Add or Remove Programs, and exit the Control Panel to see if the games are available again.