Can't send another PM for 5 minutes?

LuLu

Is this something new? I was PMing with someone, sent my first reply and then when I clicked the reply button to send them another message, it told me I couldn't send another one for like 5 minutes. Happened twice. It's never done that before so I was wondering if I just totally missed it or if something's amiss or what... :huh:

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Hmmm, strange. I don't know if it's still doing it (no one to PM at the moment) but I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Thanks, Hazel. :)

I'll test it in a sec.

I have no idea what board email settings I have. Never looked, but have also never had the problem before. I'm using IE 6. Yeah yeah yeah I know but it happened in Opera too lol.

Ok yep still having the PM problem. I sent you a PM at 10:58am and it said I couldn't send another until 11:03am. :(

• Moderators
Ok yep still having the PM problem. I sent you a PM at 10:58am and it said I couldn't send another until 11:03am. :(

I looked at the moderation options of your profile and nothing is restricted in it. So it has to be the forum software itself forcing this upon you.

I'll send a PM to MrG with this topic, maybe he knows.

Hi Lulu. As Dennis mentioned, the exact same thing happens to me. It happened in the past and I just now tried a test to see if it is still the same - and it is! :( I have no idea why it happens.

EDIT:

The actual message I get is: "You cannot send another PM until Dec 12 2009, 06:12 PM". I sent the PM at 6:05, so in actual fact I have to wait 7 minutes.

None of you need to worry, It happens to every one unless pm-ing a admin or mod.

It's a anti spam function. Some forums have a visible submision post before a new pm can be done. which means id have to post on a thread before i could continue private messaging.

One site had 5 visible subs before could continue.

No fate but what we make

I had it even worse. I was just about to PM a reply to Dennis, and then this error from the forum came up:

You cannot send another PM until Dec 13 2009, 05:58 PM

It's 4:58 PM here, that means I have to wait another hour before I can send another PM?

I had it even worse. I was just about to PM a reply to Dennis, and then this error from the forum came up:

It's 4:58 PM here, that means I have to wait another hour before I can send another PM?

ur a mod denis, u lot dont get the same rules

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

I knew someone would say that. :lol:

I was messaging a lot before I became a mod, and I never had it happen then. Maybe it's something which was recently introduced, either way we'll find out.

• Moderators

This forum software seems buggy at best on most days, but back on topic:

I've never had that problem before I was a mod, and I used to PM allot every day. Possibly some spam filter in place due to all the excessive spamming the forums would get otherwise.

So if someone has an important question that they don't mind sharing with the community just post it as a topic title.

i think logic that all non mods are currently having issues private messaging says it's anti spamming.

i could be way off the mark lol

No fate but what we make

Anti-spam is fine and dandy, but when you've been a member for quite a while it sucks to be told you can't PM again for 5 minutes. Oh well, just one more quirk to deal with. lol