Paul McCartney

rridgely

• Moderators

I saw the best concert I've ever seen last night(and I've been to quite a few).

I'm a HUGE McCartney fan and an even bigger Beatles fan. I have wanted to see him for years and last night I finally got the chance.

Despite the weather(it rained a lot but only for about 3 songs), I had the best time I've probably had at any entertainment event. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole night. I've been such a huge fan of his for so long, and then I finally got to see these songs that I love performed in front of me.

He played through about a 3 hour set that contained all the hits from wings, the beatles, and his recent solo stuff. His voice was spot on, he was energetic, and he didn't even take a break the whole time. I've seen new bands that couldn't manage to play for that long without stopping. You got the sense that he was enjoying himself while he was up there and just wanted to entertain this crowd the best he ever has any crowd.

The crowed ranged from young kids to people who saw him when he first started out. There were 50,000 people and just being there felt like you were seeing something special. Its a night I will never forget. I just hope its not the only time I'll get to see him, if I could get away I would follow him over to his next show. Maybe next year!

• Moderators

I had an awesome time, I took me a few days to recover. :P

I've found videos that someone put up on youtube from the concert... lets me relive it. :lol:

Live and let die

Let it be(there were people crying during this one)

Helter Skelter(old dudes can still rock. :P )

The whole thing was amazing. I would pay anything to get to go again.

I just hope he comes back soon. :(

• Moderators

He wrote live and let die for a James Bond film.

GNR covered it and got a hit out of it, if you listen to them back to back they didn't really change it all that much. I like his version better just cause I prefer his singing and the groove it has.

I think you would be surprised by his back catalog if you really took a look at it. Hes got as many hits as anyone(not even counting the beatles stuff)

Check out this vesion of it, its pretty awesome(better sound quality, awesome explosions. :D)