So what are the differences between all of the gazillion Ashampoo Burning Studios?

slowday444

Years ago I installed v5 or v6 and then figured what the heck, paid them $5 for some sort of upgrade. In the past six months I have installed v2009 (free) and keep getting spammed (I don't mind!) to upgrade to v9. So today the freeware sites are listing v6.76 (indeed for free). Does Ashampoo even know all of the differences?

• Moderators

You must be just unlucky slowday, I think I have only had about 2 emails from them in the last year.

I am using 2009 version 8.04.

Doubt if I would upgrade or even install a newer free version of it at the moment as this one has never failed me yet.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

You must be just unlucky slowday, I think I have only had about 2 emails from them in the last year.

I am using 2009 version 8.04.

Doubt if I would upgrade or even install a newer free version of it at the moment as this one has never failed me yet.

Indeed, there seems to never be a day goes by without an email from them. I'm sure I can (should) opt out but I figure they are also sending me free licenses periodically and it's just my gmail. Trust, I'd never put up with it on my ISP pop3 account.

• Moderators

You have an account with them since you had to register to get the free license key to their software, therefore; Login to your account on their website, and change your contact preferences to stop the emails from being sent.

Logging into your account also allows you to copy any license keys if you didn't save them into a text document with the setup programs, or they can email it to you.

You have an account with them since you had to register to get the free license key to their software, therefore; Login to your account on their website, and change your contact preferences to stop the emails from being sent.

Logging into your account also allows you to copy any license keys if you didn't save them into a text document with the setup programs, or they can email it to you.

I actually do keep a copy and have that login page book marked.

Thanks for the tip!

A Shampoo is notorious for sending email spam. On that basis alone I would not give them the time of day. (ie. not support them) I think they're a piece of *****.

edited by moderator