uninstall ccleaner?

MadAsHell

• Moderators

It should be listed in control panel>add remove programs.

There should also be the uninstaller in c\program files\ccleaner.

Perhaps you ought to do some virus/malware checks on your Moms computer and then sit with her a while and go through thing showing her what to do. Write it down if neccessary.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

No its not operator caused problems. the computer itself is a big problem it is to old. CCleaner deletes all of her stuff and then she gets lost with what she is doing. It slows the computer down worse than it is already slowed. Will think about putting it on new computer when I get it set up for her.

I have done checks for virus's and malware and spyware crap and there is nothing there except a bunch of junk files my sister left on there and they dont work without disks blah blah blah...lol

Thanks for your help. I will try to uninstall it and hope that helps for now til I get a newer computer up and running for her. :rolleyes:

Oh, btw....Im not upset about it being on there, at the moment it is just the computer that has me mad....but it dont help with ccleaner cleaning everything off so I have to start all over with her then next day......ugh it is frustrating when I spend hrs with her on how to run the computer and do things as simple as playing a game and it logs her out and she is lost. writing it down dont help she still gets lost. even if she writes lol

thanks all

• Moderators
No its not operator caused problems..... CCleaner deletes all of her stuff

Then tell your mother to stop running CC. Delete the icon from the desktop. Untick 'Run CCleaner when computer starts' in Options/Settings.

• Moderators

Although the system is older now, it wouldn't hurt to run maintenance on it to see if that will remedy any possible issues:

1. Run Disk Cleanup.

2. Run ScanDisk/Check Disk to check for hard disk errors.

3. Defrag the hard disk.

1-3 are all available in My Computer by right clicking C: drive and choosing properties.

4. Restart the computer.

Although the system is older now, it wouldn't hurt to run maintenance on it to see if that will remedy any possible issues:

1. Run Disk Cleanup.

2. Run ScanDisk/Check Disk to check for hard disk errors.

3. Defrag the hard disk.

1-3 are all available in My Computer by right clicking C: drive and choosing properties.

4. Restart the computer.

Thank you, yes I have done all of that. I have wanted to toss this computer for over a yr now lol. If I can get restore disc's for the other computer I have here then she will have a good one. The one now is so full of crap that nothing seems to help.

Okay guys lets keep on topic here.

Have you managed to uninstall ccleaner yet?

Yes, thank you! We did manage to get it uninstalled and some other programs as well. It is running a little faster now but not by much. Need to get the other one running if I can find some restore disc's soon.

Thank you for all your help