DirectX

Corona

I don't believe it. Didn't I address this question like 6 months ago and receive an answer, which I acted upon with positive results?

Yet here I am again. I downloaded the newest DirectX 9c from Filehippo, and lo & behold I have no idea where to install it into. I looked at my C drive and Program Files and I can't find my November DirectX 9c anywhere. :angry:

Yes Corona you have asked about this before. the file you downloaded from FileHippo is a Windows self extracting cab file. Before you double-click the file make a new folder on your drive called it DX or what ever. When it asks for the folder to extract to finf the DX folder with the browse button and extarct all files into there. After the are extracted got the goto the DX folder and run Dxsetup.exe to install.

I've said before the DX9 that I've downloaded from FileHippo are always corrupt when you try to install. The last decent download of DX9 was Nov07. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Oh that's right, the installer is within the download itself. I keep confusing the download as an install .exe file.

Being that things are running okay on my pooter I think I'll just not install this newer version. The differences must be minuscule.

• Moderators

With any modern file archiving tool 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip, etc., you can also right click the downloaded file and unpack it which is exactly what I do to create my own self-extracting Zip archive using WinZip Self Extractor. I just wish Microsoft would make it self-extracting and automatically run the DXSETUP.exe file, however since it's the Redistribution version that's unlikely to happen.

Well As I've said before I've downloaded DirectX 9.0c (Mar 09) from FileHippo and when you try to install the files are corrupt, I knew that would happen. I've had this problem for a couple of years the last decent download was DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07). I've also download from Microsoft that that file is corrupt as well. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well As I've said before I've downloaded DirectX 9.0c (Mar 09) from FileHippo and when you try to install the files are corrupt, I knew that would happen. I've had this problem for a couple of years the last decent download was DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07). I've also download from Microsoft that that file is corrupt as well. ;)

It didn't happened to me.I downloaded from Microsoft and successfully installed ;)

bumping this thought along.

March 2009

The Microsoft DirectX? End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX ? the core Windows? technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.

The DirectX end-user installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components.

You should really reboot after installing DirectX, even though the installer typically won't request it.

Well every version of DirectX that I've installed 7.0, 8.0, 8.1 and 9.0 have all rebooted after installation thats the norm. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best