Microsoft IE8

CTskifreak

According to Maximum PC's article found here, IE8 is final. I won't download it till it comes out on Windows Update, but one question I had was, "has anyone downloaded it with IE7Pro installed? I could see there being issues, but was wondering if I had to uninstall it come time when it does show up on Windows Update."

So, can anyone answer my question?

*Also, if you feel like talking about how IE8 is, then go right ahead.*

AJ

IE8 is just a piece of crap. I downloaded it a few days ago, and it made my computer slow down to a crawl. Booting took a long time, programs took longer to open, and even IE8 took more than 1 min to open fully. So I downgraded to IE7, and my PC is back to the fast computer it used to be. Shame on you IE8 for making my PC so slow and shame on you Microsoft for making such a crappy piece of software. :D

i have no problems with IE8 but i use Firefox

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I have IE8 on XP and Vista and it is discussed in topic:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21016

It seems that those systems that are a bit long in the tooth might have a bit of a problem with slowness of it and I am running it on my old 2.4GHZ P4 with 512MB RAM and it works fine.

All of the systems have IE7Pro but the Vista system needs to have Show IE7Pro icon in the icon display area (*) in Preferences selected.

The Firefox fanboys will be running around jumping up and down beating their chests uttering things like "Firefox rulz" or "IE sukz" or other juvenile words.

There it no "Best" or "Secure" browser just people that know how to "Surf Safe" and enjoy "Safe Hex".

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I didn't notice any system issues with IE8, but it still prompts me every time I try and switch my search box to google instead of live search(it auto switches back to live every time I close it), I just gave up because I don't see any settings that could be causing this.

Vista was final too but didn't feel stable until SP1. I think it depends on the system. I've found a few programs that just simply messed with my machine but worked fine on other peoples.

• Moderators
I've found a few programs that just simply messed with my machine but worked fine on other peoples.

Those are just program oddities, and no software developer can gaurantee their software will work the same on all systems, even those with the same operating system. Some software titles can work perfectly fine on many systems and act very benevolent, whilst on other systems they can act malevolent causing nothing but issues. That's one reason we can't dismiss bug reporting of software that people post about, hence they may have a genuine issue nobody else has confronted before.

IE has always had the best Page Render Function but it lacks a few Tabb Features and is somewhat unstable with sites that use Java and Flash.

just my 2cents

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8