How IE and MS AntiSpy Seem to Work

Mike Rochip

Internet Explorer is relaxing in MicroVille as Firefox runs around getting everything done, doing a great job as usual, with lots of admirers all around.

IE thinks to itself: "Hmmm, I wonder why nobody comes to visit me anymore, and that stupid little fox has friends all over the place."

IE begins to doze off, again, when suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Woohoo I still have friends after all!"

Opening the door IE finds a sumo wrestler with a gun, hatchet, numchucks, brass knuckles, a flamethrower, fireworks, DDT, broken glass, and a Caterpiller D9 idling up against the house.

Hmm... he looks kinda suspicious, maybe he's looking for that snooty fox...

"Hi! Can I help you kinda scary looking dude?"

The visitor raps him on the head with the brass knuckles once or twice or five times and yells: "Yeah, you can let me in you moron!"

IE to itself: "Well that's not very nice but hey a friend in need is a friend indeed." But slowly IE gets the feeling it's seen this guy somewhere before like maybe in a police lineup or a wanted poster.

"Well come on in buddy!!!" IE begins to get a little suspicious though, but only a little...

"Hey, wait a minute. What are you planning to do with a gun, hatchet, numchucks, brass knuckles, a flamethrower, fireworks, DDT, broken glass, and a Caterpiller D9 idling up against the house?"

"Well, I'm certainly not going to destroy your Desktop, or break any Windows, or burn your computer or empty your filing cabinet, anything like that!" Scary Guy says with a wink.

IE notices a nametag nailed to Scary Guy's chest...

"Is your name really Mr. Evil B. Malware?!?"

"No no, that's just my nickname."

Suddenly a feeble voice calls down from an upstairs bathroom "IE honey, who's at the door?"

IE yells back "Well it's not Mr. Evil B. Malware if that's what you're thinking!"

Evil B. looks a little nervous. "Who's that?! I thought it was going to be just me against you, oops I mean just me and you, little buddy."

"Oh, that's just my frail aunt MS AuntiSpry. You know, she doesn't want just anyone coming in our house. They could have something really dangerous like a GIF file attached to an e-mail. Of course a gun, hatchet, numchucks, brass knuckles, a flamethrower, fireworks, DDT, broken glass, and a Caterpiller D9 idling up against the house are all OK."

Then MS AuntiSpry calls down "By all means let him in! Give him whatever he needs and whatever you do DON'T GET IN HIS WAY! That would be rude."

As IE steps out of the way he notices Foxfire and his many friends rolling on the ground in the distance. He ponders "What are they laughing at now? Dang, I hate that snotty little fox."

Hope this isn't considered bashing. I have to go now and spend more time trying to get rid of malware courtesy of MS...

both internet explorer and Windows Antispy isnt that bad right...

Hello-

NO, IE and MSAS aren't that bad, I think I just get frustrated because IE isn't as intuituve as FireFox IMHO. I recently read a forum (elsewhere) regarding the beta relaease of Vista, and the MS bashing was pretty unbelievable. I agreed with some opinions, laughed at some remarks, but I have to agree with those that said if it wasn't for Microsoft I probably wouldn't be typing this right now. Personally, I used to have a lot of trouble with XP, but SP2 fixed all that.

I also really admire Bill gate's many sizable charitable contributions.

My gripe with MSAS is it sometimes allows changes without giving me the option to reject them but it seems consistently rated as one of the best antispywares available especially for free (so far!).

Thanks to those who were amused, it's fun to be able to vent sometimes...

PS SpyBot S&D 1.4 is available (new version, not an upgrade) and it seems really good and has a better notificaton for registry changes than it did before.