• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

• Moderators

Besides taking part in the poll, all you guys please free to anounce your birthdays, not here, but "in the lounge" on the actual day.

No need to give your age if you don't want, just let us know it's your birthday and you'll probably get a heap of cakes, balloons, candles, and other stuff thrown at you.

Great fun, and of course a good excuse to get the smileys out.

I'm a typical Aquarius

The Water Carrier

January 21 to February 19

Traditional Aquarian Traits

Friendly and humanitarian

Honest and loyal

Original and inventive

Independent and intellectual

On the dark side....

Intractable and contrary

Perverse and unpredictable

Unemotional and detached

http://www.astrology-online.com/aquarius.htm

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

The Bull

April 21 to May 21

Traditional Taurus Traits

Patient and reliable

Warmhearted and loving

Persistent and determined

Placid and security loving

On the dark side....

Jealous and possessive

Resentful and inflexible

Self-indulgent and greedy

The "Self-indulgent and greedy" is not me at all. I like to save money, so I'm more stingy then anything.

AJ

The Scorpion

October 24 to November 22

Traditional Scorpio Traits

Determined and forceful

Emotional and intuitive

Powerful and passionate

Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful

Compulsive and obsessive

Secretive and obstinate

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Even though I don't believe in astrology, I find that Chinese zodiac personality traits tend to be a lot more accurate than traditional Western/Babylonian blather.

t2631_rooster.png

The Rooster is the strutting peacock of the Chinese Zodiac! These quick thinkers are practical and resourceful, preferring to stick to what is tried and true rather than taking messy, unnecessary risks. Roosters are keenly observant. It's hard to slip anything past a Rooster, since they seem to have eyes in the backs of their heads! This quality can lead others to think the Rooster is psychic, but that's not generally the case; instead, this Sign enjoys a keen attention to detail that makes it a whiz at anything requiring close analysis. Roosters make great lawyers, brain surgeons and accountants, to name a few of this Sign's possible occupations. Above all else, the Rooster is very straightforward and rewards others' honesty in kind.

http://chinese.astrology.com/rooster.aspx

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Not quite sure I believe much (or any) of it but here you go. lol

sheep_big.gif

Daydreaming all afternoon sounds heavenly to the Sheep. This creative, esoteric Sign needs plenty of time alone in which to feed its Muse. Sheep are generally most comfortable in their own minds (which other, more linear-thinking Signs may have trouble deciphering). This Sign makes a great craftsperson or artisan, or perhaps a teacher of New Age studies -- any occupation that allows its mind the full range of freedom. Sheep tend not to be very well-organized, precluding many more dry business endeavors. In fact, Sheep tend not to be very materialistic in general, finding plenty of riches in their own imagination. However, especially when in love, the Sheep can be quite a lavish gift-giver.

http://chinese.astrology.com/Sheep.aspx

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I think this has just about ran it's course, so I'll unpin it shortly if no one has any objections.

It seems that January is the best month for members birthdays. Or does it mean the best members were born in January? :P

The Scorpion

October 24 to November 22

Traditional Scorpio Traits

Determined and forceful

Emotional and intuitive

Extremely good looking

Mensa level intelligence

Powerful and passionate

Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful

Compulsive and obsessive

Unbelievably handsome

Secretive and obstinate

• 4 weeks later...

September

Chinese sign for my year :- Rabbit: Sociable, Discreet, Refined, Shrewd, Perceptive, Sensitive, Aloof.

While they may not like it, the Rabbit is a timid, attractive being who is usually non-confrontational. Rabbits are very popular with friends and family. They are inherently compassionate and protective of those they care about. Rabbits idealize their relationships and may give far more of themselves than is healthy. Fortunately the Rabbit surrounds itself with friends and family who will help it regain its balance when thrown off emotionally.

Rabbits are a bit fragile and need a solid social foundation in order to thrive. Without a strong family and close friends the Rabbit will not stand up well to adversity. Rabbits are so sensitive to their feelings that any emotional upset may make them physically sick. Rabbits can be pessimistic if they feel as though their lives are at a stand-still. By nature they are insecure about their place in the world. Rabbits move through life at their own pace. They are both contemplative and often procrastinators.

Rabbits love the home life. Within a strong family environment the Rabbit may find the security it needs to blossom and become more self-assertive.