Office 2007 Recent Files Deletion

Brent Little

I have Vista Business, and run Office 2007. I would like to clean all of the Office 2007 Products except Word, as I like to retain the 50 most recent files. Does anyone know where the folder is located that holds the recent files for Word so I can exclude that folder from deletion?

Suggestion:

Could the programers for CCleaner add individual check boxes for each Office 2007 Product instead of just that one for them all?

Thanks

Ran into a snag. I followed your instructions and put the "Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\File MRU" into the exclusion registry box under HKCU but the OK button remains grayed out. I can't finish the action. I followed the directions carefully, so I don't know what's wrong.

Thanks

• Moderators

Moderators can you get word to the developers on this? this is true also for me (see attached)

The OK button returns after deleting certain parts of the string (in this case of this string if you delete everything starting from \12.0). at first I thought it was the presence of numbers but then I tried this string \Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

The Ok button returned when I deleted so that it looked like \Software\Adobe\Acrobat

also it is NOT the presence of spaces as \Software\Adobe\Acrobatr also grays the OK button

something is off and strange.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com