WOT a great idea

YoKenny

WOT a great idea

September 5, 2008 by sandnsurf

Socially engineered free internet protection combining the ratings, reviews and comments of the internet community with Spam Cops and Blacklists to create a safer surfing environment. The equivalent of having ?shark net? off the coast.

Thanks to this vigilante community we can shout with more certainty - ?In the Web We Trust?

WOT is a basically a free Internet security addon for your browser. It helps to keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites by warning you before you interact with a potentially dangerous website. WOT provides a valuable and unintrusive (until needed) early warning system.

http://sandnsurf.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/...-idea/#comments

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I still use McAfee Site Advisor, the only McAfee software permitted on this pc lol.
It doesn't work on IE8 beta yet and I don't like Firefox nor Opera.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 2 weeks later...

If you have other security measures installed on your box, the WOT IE plug-in isn't that good of an idea.

I checked with several MS MVP's, they have test-driven the plug-in, some hate it, some uninstalled it.

My .02 cents.

siljaline

• Moderators
I checked with several MS MVP's, they have test-driven the plug-in, some hate it, some uninstalled it.

I personally didn't like it myself during a very brief test of it. I prefer McAfee SiteAdvisor Free over it any day of the week.

It's all just personal choice, and it's good we have a few choices in this department with WOT, McAfee SiteAdvisor, and TrendProtect.

• 3 weeks later...

In this edition of Inside MyWOT we celebrate the people who make WOT work - our community and the great minds working behind the scenes. It's our pleasure to announce the winners of the Million Download Contest and share their work with you, plus we tell you WOT's backstory and introduce you to our top Platinum level user, Delta Surfer.

http://www.mywot.com/en/newsletter

IE7Pro user

I've recently started using Firefox3 and I luv it! ;) , I have a few add-on's and "WOT" is one that I use as an early warning guide.

t2083_WOTscreenshot.jpg

Sure anyone using WOT can add a "rating" for any website & leave a comment :) , do you believe every thing that you read?

• 3 weeks later...