Restore to Factory Settings

momnpopdays

I have a Compaq Presario 5000 Model 5WV270 My Recovery CD does not work but a couple of years ago compaq techs. talk me through a restore to factory settings,using the start run on my computer.does anyony know how this is done or do any of you know where i can find out how to do this via a web site? thanks for any help you can give me.

I'm not sure what "restore to factory settings" the tech help was talking about but you could try system restore. Open the control panel in start menu then click "Performance and maintenance" on the left there will be system restore.

• Moderators

I have a compaq computer as well momnpopdays. Tell me one thing, does your computer have a recovery partition? You can find it by going to my computer and looking at your hard drive. See screen shot:

untitledsmall16yn.th.jpg

I have a compaq computer as well momnpopdays. Tell me one thing, does your computer have a recovery partition? You can find it by going to my computer and looking at your hard drive. See screen shot:

untitledsmall16yn.th.jpg

No It doesn't have a recovery partition in it,I did a system restore but that didn't take me back far enough.when they did I forget if they typed in msconfig or what oh well maybe somebody else can figure it out. by the way I have windows ME running on it.thank you guys for looking.

Hardly a constructive post Eldmannen, besides, it isn't the computer, its all the stuff they pre-install that usually leads people to these coments

Exactly right. That's why some people I know (even a few techs) liked this nick I've called ComPaqs (CrapPaqs).

Depends on your model and Windows version. On all of the latest models, no, because there's a "tattoo" [as HPQ calls it] that prevents piracy [and I've even had a go at trying to break it, to no avail yet.

On the older CDs that used batch files that check DMI info, you can edit the batch file and comment out the lines that check model information via DMI and burn a new disc 1.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)