THIS IS STRANGE

incy wincy

Hello to you all,I am a newbie and I was wondering if anyone can help me ?

I am on windows xp and have agv,ewido cwshredder and spybot s&d.

A very strange thing happened the other day whiilst using :blink:

sometimes when I click off something that page will peel slowly until it has gone.

it doesn't happen all the time please can somebody explain?

:)thanks in advance

• Moderators

Ok, so while scanning with ewido you click off to try to use the internet or something and it takes a long time for the ewido window to minimize (Thats what I assume is happening when the pages peel). Thats what I'm getting from what you wrote. How much memory does your pc have? Have you been noticing any slowdowns?

Also just to make sure your not scanning with all of those programs at the same time are you? Also you should really get ad aware too:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Person...ubj=dl&tag=top5

Ok, so while scanning with ewido you click off to try to use the internet or something and it takes a long time for the ewido window to minimize (Thats what I assume is happening when the pages peel). Thats what I'm getting from what you wrote. How much memory does your pc have? Have you been noticing any slowdowns?

Also just to make sure your not scanning with all of those programs at the same time are you? Also you should really get ad aware too:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Person...ubj=dl&tag=top5

Sorry I took so long in replying to you ,when the pages peel,I am not scanning anything,It doesn't happen on ewido mainly on s&d and outlook express.

As far as I am aware nothing suspicious is in my computer but,knowing my luck :(:(:( When you asked how much memory I have does 25600MB sound right?

If I already have protection on my computer ,why do you recomend that I get adaware too?x

probably repaints the screen really slowly... needs new video card drivers, a new video card, more ram, less background processes, or some other such thing.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

What do you mean by "pages peel"?

I mean for example, when I close spybot or outlook express it will peel slowly from the top of the page to the bottom revealing my desktop

this does not cause a problem but would like to know why? : :unsure:

thanks incy wincy

• Moderators

That can happen if too many programs are running. It can also happen much easier if say for instance you are scanning with Ewido and your antivirus resident shield is still active. The scanning process is taking up so many resources because while Ewido is scanning it's also causing your resident shield to scan every file Ewido scans.

Edit: I also experience "page peeling" with Spybot SD during the update process when trying to move the update dialog. Perhaps it's using a higher than normal thread priority.

If it's peeling off, then it's probably that your hard drive is always cranking. You need to find out why this is. See if task manager (control+shift+esc) shows anything as always running at 99/100% CPU usage. Maybe you have a service running that is being bad (like stupid cisvc) or some malware... or maybe you're running XP on a system that is more suited towards Windows 98/Me... lots of things. Post a Belarc Advisor log or something.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

If it's peeling off, then it's probably that your hard drive is always cranking.  You need to find out why this is.  See if task manager (control+shift+esc) shows anything as always running at 99/100% CPU usage.  Maybe you have a service running that is being bad (like stupid cisvc) or some malware... or maybe you're running XP on a system that is more suited towards Windows 98/Me... lots of things.  Post a Belarc Advisor log or something.

Thanks for your continued support all of you now,at the risk of sounding really daft I am not very computer minded so could you explain what you mean by hard drive cranking,stupid ciscv andwhat things in the task manager should run at 99%/100%?

Also I have no idea what a Belarc Advisor log is! :lol:

I know I'm a pest.

• Moderators
Thanks for your continued support all of you now,at the risk of sounding really daft I am not very computer minded so could you explain what you mean by hard drive cranking,stupid ciscv andwhat things in the task manager should run at 99%/100%?

Also I have no idea what a Belarc Advisor log is! :lol:

I know I'm a pest.

if you do contol-alt-delete and choose the performance tab this will show you your cpu usage, as to the Belarc Advisor log give it a click on the link in dj.lizards reply and you will get a bit of an idea there as to what it is. Sometimes it helps to put the terms you don't understand into Google, I do it all the time!! :rolleyes:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

if you do contol-alt-delete and choose the performance tab this will show you your cpu usage, as to the Belarc Advisor log give it a click on the link in dj.lizards reply and you will get a bit of an idea there as to what it is. Sometimes it helps to put the terms you don't understand into Google, I do it all the time!! :rolleyes:

thanks mum I will do that straight away :lol::lol: