NEW Software

Gurpreet Singh

• Moderators
CCleaner can already clean the registry, albeit less aggressive than other cleaners.

I almost think people are expecting to see most registry cleaners list hundreds of entries to remove, and are somewhat impressed by it. From my experience when I see hundreds of entries I cringe, and know it's typically a recipe for some trouble that may not even rear its head until later.

Yeah, I do a Charles Nelson Reilly "nyahuhng!" when I see billions of registry entries all lined up to be "taken out for the good of the community", especially after I've already run CCleaner. :blink: RegSeeker "green" cleanup has done me well. CLSIDs are a no-brainer.

I am using your product CCleaner.I am happy and hats-off to you.I would like to suggest you a new software-"Registry Booster".I had use Registry Booster2 and it was such a nice software.You should Release such software.Hope you will work on it.

I would like to suggest you find yourself a very nice backup program :)

I would like to suggest you find yourself a very nice backup program :)

Got to add my comments for the "newbies" out there.

Writeaway is not kidding when he suggests that you have a very good backup program when it comes to Registry Boosting and such other misleading names.

Boosting implies like your are going to get some amazing increase in system performance. BELIEVE ME YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY BOOST !!! . The only boost will be to the "snake oil" salesman's bank account.

The "mild" Registry cleaning effects of CCleaner are more than enough for any Registry.

Most users Registries don't even need "cleaning" if that is what you want to call it.

The best performance booster's are junk file cleaning like CCleaner every now and then and Disk defragmentation even less often.

How simple can it get?

Constant "cleaning" and "defragmenting" is a waste of time and effort for most users and the consistent performance of their PC.

Best wishes,

:) davey

P.S. Now get a warm moist(not damp) cloth and gently "clean" your keyboard, mouse and surrounding area.

Gently clean your screen with proper cleaning papers.

Now the dust, snack and drinks stains are gone. GO HAVE SOME FUN !!!

Edited by davey

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a cute screen cleaner:

http://linein.org/blog/2008/01/11/free-screen-cleaner

Its soft but its not ware. :lol:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Here is a cute screen cleaner:

http://linein.org/blog/2008/01/11/free-screen-cleaner

Its soft but its not ware. :lol:

What a great idea !!!

My daughter has one of those cleaners.

I would have never thought to use it that way but it makes perfect sense.

It cleans everything in that manner.

I highly recommend them for almost anyone.

:) davey

If you want a cute little freeware to DIRTY your screen up for you, this one is safe as well as funny.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/droppings/

Mouse Droppings v1.00

Who ever said your mouse did not have a mind of its own? Well now it can with Mouse Droppings. Watch as your mouse drops little black turds all over your screen, randomly. This is a great joke to play on an unsuspecting co-worker, you can even email this prank to a friend!By default, every 3 seconds Mouse Droppings will randomly crap out 1 to 4 turds on your desktop. The fun never ends with Mouse Droppings, you can configure the delay between poops with a small command line option.Download Mouse Droppings today and have some toilet paper ready

Regarding Registry Booster, I would avoid it like a plague because it is one of those programs that is aggressively promoted via tactics I consider to be questionable at best.