Any MySpace users here?

LuLu

Not sure if anyone here uses myspace, but if any of you do, could you tell me if you are having this same problem and myself and a few friends? We log in to our accounts and when we go to access our inbox/outbox/friend requests, our browsers just lock up. We can compose mail, check comments, birthdays, etc, but those features have basically become totally unavailable to us. It started right after MySpace did their "upgrade". We all wrote their tech support a few days after we notcied the problem but all we got in response was "the issue is being addressed", so that was no help. Its been roughly 2 weeks since this crap started. Anyone else having the same problem? Any one have any kind of idea as to what the problem could maybe be? My initial thought was internet connection, but we're all on different broadband services, so that idea went out the window real fast. <_<

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators
Any one have any kind of idea as to what the problem could maybe be?

I don't use that site myself. Although the first thing that comes to mind is perhaps a broken script. You can try to turn off scripting, i.e.; JavaScript in your browser to see if that works to prevent the lockup however if the page requires it you won't get very far.

I don't hardly ever go on MySpace these days, but to find out if the problem was affecting me I just signed in.

Sorry to say it all worked fine, probably quicker than normal actually.

Hey thanks for the replies guys. I heard back from their tech support again this morning and the person was just like "it's an IE conflict and we're working on it. we're sorry for the inconvenience". But last night I got so pissed off that I downloaded Opera since it can highly recommended from a friend. And MySpace works now. Go figure. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

i have a Myspace and i'm a member of the Tech Forums. i hate when people ***** about their problems with Myspace. it's either about them not logging in, not being able to access mail, or there friends being removed, or # of friends decreasing. people should think before ever posting. Myspace is FREE and so that being said they only have a few people fixing the issues. also, i really hate it when people ***** about their layouts. i make my own so i tell them to go to a trusted site. all-in-all Myspace was poorly designed but the new NAV bar and all looks ok at least.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
i really hate it when people ***** about their layouts.

I only venture there to look at a musical bands page, and more than often the page takes forever to load with all the stuff they have like umpteen video links from Timbuktu, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I only venture there to look at a musical bands page, and more than often the page takes forever to load with all the stuff they have like umpteen video links from Timbuktu, etc.

Agreed.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.