AVG 7.5 support to end June 25,2008?

Anthony A

AVG AV 7.5 provided me with one of it's adware pop ups today thats says support ends June 25, 2008. The sticky thread on the AVG forums says Dec 31, 2008. An email response posted on the forum from tech support at AVG say May 31,2008. I think it's safe to say these clowns don't their heads from their arses. I posted on their forum and both times my post disappeared so I'm done with that. I think anybody using AVG 7.5 should be prepared to have support cut off at any time.

AVG AV 7.5 provided me with one of it's adware pop ups today thats says support ends June 25, 2008. The sticky thread on the AVG forums says Dec 31, 2008. An email response posted on the forum from tech support at AVG say May 31,2008. I think it's safe to say these clowns don't their heads from their arses. I posted on their forum and both times my post disappeared so I'm done with that. I think anybody using AVG 7.5 should be prepared to have support cut off at any time.

Hi Anthony A

I got the same pop up and it is sad to see where they came from and where they are going to...

If they are so mixed up about such a basic element as the discontinuance of they support of this product ,maybe they are confused while they produce the actual updates ,and these are not effective any longer????

Put your thought in to it.......

EP

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

As soon as the pop ups started I un-installed it and downloaded and installed avast! Home free:

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I am so happy I don't have to go to the AVG forum to see if my situation had already been discussed so that I would not incur the wrath of their forum potentates.

The avast! forum is a bit better:

http://forum.avast.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

AVG is cheating...

I also got a unwanted popup/notification telling me that updates for my AVG 7.5 won't be available after 25jun08.

Which is strange because they promised us that updates would be available until 31dec08. See their FAQs (Enter '1350' in Search in FAQ ) here: 'AVG 7.5 will be supported until December 31, 2008. The support includes: releases of new Virus Base updates, ensuring identical signature-based detection with AVG 8.0; releases of new program updates, fixing known or newly found problems in the program and technical and sales support for AVG 7.5'.

So... They have bloated their program, they have added garbage (the Yahoo toolbar) and now they are telling us blatant lies.

They've well and truly gone over to the dark side.

So... They have bloated their program, they have added garbage (the Yahoo toolbar) and now they are telling us blatant lies.

They've well and truly gone over to the dark side.

Don't forget their forum is not what it used to be either. My last two posts were deleted without explanation and this isn't the first time that has happened to me. They don't like the truth. So they create there own and delete your posts. In their reality AVG 8 is a lean mean non resource hungry machine and thier position on support for AVG AV 7.5 is crystal clear. The pop ups aren't adware either they are public safety announcements :lol: What a bunch of clowns. I swear Microcrap has purchased them and converted them all to Micro idiots.

Take a look at my latest screen shot in the June Desktop thread ;)

Nice effect Anthony, I wouldn't be allowed to post mine. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I wouldn't play their games, just switch over to AntiVir Personal, or Avast Home Edition and be done with it.

Exactly what I have done!

Avast 4.8 Home Edition is what I have happily changed over to ;)

Exactly what I have done!

Avast 4.8 Home Edition is what I have happily changed over to ;)

I did the same as well, a few days ago. I got fed up with AVg mixed up messages regarding 7.5 free edition product support. So...I moved over to avast 4.8, still studying the product .

EP

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version