An invitation to everyone

Capman

No not a party at my house, you all live too far away.

How about someone asks a question on this forum that even I can provide a solution to, just to boost my morale a bit.

I seem to be struggling lately, maybe I should give up on computers, and search for an abacus on ebay, I could probably use one of those. B)

Actually, even though I didn't post about it, I saw a couple places where you answered someone's question the same exact way I would have (thus I moved on). You're giving pretty good advice.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Thanks again Dj,

They must have been my night time posts then.

My night time posts are always better than my daytime posts, (I think), because I chill out with a beer at night and have time to think when the wife and kids are in bed.

In the day my posts are normally in snatched moments at work.

Coming from Dj, that is a huge compliment. Leave it to Dj to boost your morale. He recently did it to me and now I get to brag. Haha. I would swear on the Holy Bible that I feel Dj is the best tech out there. I will also say that I am DAMN proud to be under his guidance and supervision. He even tolerates me, which is cool. He's more than just my teacher, he's one of the very best friends I have.

You and Dj know each other from outside the forum then?

I thought you seemed to get on extremely well, and seem to be able to bounce off each other.

I agree with your comment about Dj being the best tech out there, I got that impression soon after I came to this forum, no disrespect to you though, you seem to come a pretty close second to him.

You and Dj know each other from outside the forum then?

I thought you seemed to get on extremely well, and seem to be able to bounce off each other.

I agree with your comment about Dj being the best tech out there, I got that impression soon after I came to this forum, no disrespect to you though, you seem to come a pretty close second to him.

No offense/disrespect taken. Actually that makes me feel pretty good!

I still remember how I met Dj. It was in EUO, through a friend named Michelle. He helped me out with a few weapons and stuff and things went from there. I'm proud to hear that I come a pretty close second to him. :D

It's nice to follow in his footsteps. (Except after he eats bean dip)

WTF is EUO, I guess it is a game, should have asked my kids really they might have known.

Also, we dont have bean dip in the England, clue me up on that as well, just in case I get peckish in 2007, which is when I plan to visit America.

I just need to decide whether it is gonna be a few days in New York (my choice), or 2 weeks in Florida (my wifes choice).

• Moderators
Also, we dont have bean dip in the England, clue me up on that as well, just in case I get peckish in 2007, which is when I plan to visit America.

It you're gonna consume bean dip get some beano. Don't be coming hear stinking up the place with farts.

Bean dip is best with Fritos or some kinda or tortilla type chip.

Beano prevents/gets rid of excess gas.

I did eventually look it up, it sounds OK, I will give it a try if I ever come out there.

We probably have similar here, theres nothing wrong with a bit of excess gas either, so I would give the beano a miss.

Do what you enjoy todo. If you enjoy computers then use and play around with computers.

Everybody starts from zero and unexperienced, with time comes knowledge and experience. Try learn, maybe get a book.

Many people have used computers since they was little kids and have been using computers for 10+ years.

My first computer was a 386. At first, I didnt know anything, first thing I learned was to start a game and then play it.

Then I experimented and learned more and more.

Experimenting is good and you can learn alot, but in some cases you can break things in the system too. My system broke sometimes, and then I had to spend hours trying to figure out how to fix it. But it teached me how to think, how to figure things out, how to try and logic and such. Trying to fix something broken can be a very good learning.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

My recommendation is to try things, read things, strive to learn, and understand how things work, and how todo things, and what things are and such.

When you wonder something, look it up on websites such as Wikipedia [ www.wikipedia.org ] or Google [ www.google.com ]

I dont know how much you know or how little you know and its hard to tell someone how to learn something, but keep in mind to be open-minded and curious.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I think I must have my stupid head on tonight, beacause I cannot see the connection between all the posts in here and the two by Eldmannen.

Where did the bragging bit about how long you have been using computers fit in Eldmannen?

Just for the record, the first computer I ever used, was a BBC micro, back in 1981, remember them, and the first computer I ever owned was a ZX81, I think I got that in 1982, this I did lots of programming on, mainly games, all of which I submitted to magazines, but only one of them was ever published, for which I did receive payment, and I still have the magazine to this day.

Even though I have been using computers all that time, I am forever learning.

I am considered quite knowledgeable where computer use is concerned by friends and family, but I have only a fraction of the knowledge of some of the guys in here, who do not even need mentioning, we all know who they are.

• Moderators
I think I must have my stupid head on tonight, beacause I cannot see the connection between all the posts in here and the two by Eldmannen.

Where did the bragging bit about how long you have been using computers fit in Eldmannen?

Just for the record, the first computer I ever used, was a BBC micro, back in 1981, remember them, and the first computer I ever owned was a ZX81, I think I got that in 1982, this I did lots of programming on, mainly games, all of which I submitted to magazines, but only one of them was ever published, for which I did receive payment, and I still have the magazine to this day.

Even though I have been using computers all that time, I am forever learning.

I am considered quite knowledgeable where computer use is concerned by friends and family, but I have only a fraction of the knowledge of some of the guys in here, who do not even need mentioning, we all know who they are.

None of his posts fit. On one topic where someone was trying to get thunderbird to work he told them to upgrade windows! I saw another where he told someone with ms office to use open office instead. He's gotten a little better but he still has no clue what he's talking about.

Oh you do seem to know what your talking about though. Also what was the game you made? Sounds cool.

As I've said before. you are all great! I'm 57, father of four! They're basically all out of the nest now so I am relying on you all for help. I should get the windows 98 (came with 95 which was terrible), 233mhz out of the basement and see what I can mess up, like restoring an old car.

Also what was the game you made? Sounds cool.

The game was called Rubbish, and to honest it did live up to its name, I am sure that is why they published it, it was in a magazine called Sinclair Programs.

The idea was the player could move across the top of the screen only, shooting at the rubbish that was steadily but surely building up below him, once the rubbish reached the top of the screen or the player ran out of bullets the game was over.