Can't save images from the web?

LuLu

Ok there's two pictures I found during an image search that I want to save on my PC, but it's not working. I can copy and paste them into emails, but I'm still not able to actually save the image to my hard drive. Any ideas why??

These are the two images I'm trying to save...

Pic 1

Pic 2

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

Right click the image itself, then save the image to the Desktop. If it still doesn't work it could possibly be JavaScript blocking it if it's a copyrighted image.

Edit: An since it's from Yahoo and Yahoo's ad server I can't see the image, the caveat of blocking their ad's is also many regular images go bye bye as well.

I agree with what andavari says. You should be able to save the image though, Flickr is where I get some of my wallpapers.

Try using Firefox in safe mode and see if you can save it then.

If I can't save an image for what ever reason, I use this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1590

It opens the largest image on a new page, bypasing any scripting restrictions the site may have imposed. It has its limitations, but it usually works.

I've tried saving it to desktop and it still doesn't work. Usually when I find an image that won't let me save it, I'll copy and paste into an email, send it to myself, then right click on the image in the email and it lets me save it. But this one won't budge. So I'm stumped. :(

Lotse - I don't have Firefox so that won't work. lol But thanks anyway.

Couldn't save em here either.Right click - save as - to desktop and all I get is the name spaceball and an outline if I move the pointer over it.

Must be some sort of security thing so grabbed a couple of screenies.

While your browser is open, the image is in Temporary Internet Files.

Open that folder, sort by Internet Address or Type to narrow down the search.

The address bar on the browser http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_laura/370547975 made this one easy.

The hibiscus was 370547975_073d1911fd[1].jpg

Copy the desired file(s) to a safe folder and you're done.

• Moderators
but I'm still not able to actually save the image to my hard drive. Any ideas why??

I think some guiding light is trying to tell you not to get those things tatooed onto your person, that is if you're thinking of going down that road.

Don't tell me you are.

Think of the PAIN. :o:blink:

• Moderators

At least with modern medical technology it isn't permanent, since they can be removed via a medical lazer, however the removal process is more painful than getting the tattoo. Although I've haven't seen any woman that's tattooed as much as Kat Von D whilst at the same time still looking damn sexy.

I think some guiding light is trying to tell you not to get those things tatooed onto your person, that is if you're thinking of going down that road.

Don't tell me you are.

LOL the pain is exactly why I won't do it. But I will not lie...after finding those pictures, I have been seriously giving it some thought. I highly, highly doubt I will do it, even though they do make creams that tattoo artists use to numb the skin for wussies like me. lol And if I do it, it's a long way off anyhow. Even though mine would not be nearly as big, it would still cost a pretty penny to have one done, and I just don't have any kind of extra cash to set aside for anything right now. Plus, I have to lose some flub first, and that could take years. lol So odds are, I'll do my original plan which is to blow the images up a bit, print them out, make stencils and get a henna kit. ^_^

• Moderators

Very wise. Tattoos can be quite trendy or even quite..... "alluring". :rolleyes:

But that's when you're young and trendy. What will they look like when you're older and not so trendy. Although I obviously don't include myself in that statement.

My dad got tattoos when he was younger, and when older, and the colour had faded, he would not wear short sleeved shirts, even in Summer.

Worth thinking about.

• Moderators
the colour had faded

I think they can be re-coloured or re-done. From what I've seen once someone starts to get in their senior years 50+ the tattoos start to look not so good with the fading and loose skin. I once wanted to get a big chest tattoo sort of like the one Mario Van Peebles had in the movie Highlander 3: The Sorcerer - I thought that tattoo (it wasn't a real one) was awesome. However I just admire tattoos on other people, however I'll never get one.

Yeah the fading colors are something else I've been thinking about. Mine would be on my hip and not noticable once I get older, but still, I'd have to see it and if it looks cruddy, I'll probably cuss it out everyday. lol And I doubt at the age of 70 I'd be going back to have it recolored. So like I said, I'll probably just henna it onto myself. At least that doesn't hurt and it easy to brighten once it starts to fade. LOL

Have a couple of upper arm tatoos here which were done in my teens and they haven't really bothered me as I get older.

One thing with the new tats are they have much neater outlines with mine looking like the tatooist used a crowbar for a needle in comparison.

Have a couple of upper arm tatoos here which were done in my teens and they haven't really bothered me as I get older.

One thing with the new tats are they have much neater outlines with mine looking like the tatooist used a crowbar for a needle in comparison.

That's actually a pretty scary thought. lol My friend's dad has a couple of tats, and they look kinda awful (faded and mis-shaped mostly). But he got those quite a few years ago when he was in the military, so you can definitely see the difference in the work between those tats and the ones they can do now.

Funny part is I'm not really a fan of tattoos. I mean, some of the artwork is absolutely beautiful, but still, there's just something about them that doesn't really grab me and make me NEED one, ya know? If I ever do one, it'll be just one and you'll probably need a magnifying glass to see it. LOL

I would personally never get one because:

1. I'm a chicken and hate needles.

2. I dont think I could think of anything I would want permininetely on my body and always be happy with it.

You and I are definitely in the same boat when it comes to #1.

As for #2, I can think of some things I wouldn't mind looking at the rest of my life, but at the same time, it's not always going to look the same for the rest of my life. But the beauty of a tattoo is you can get it someplace where you don't have to see it. lol

If I could actually stand it, I'd get my design on my lower back, but there is no way I could live through that. My back is so sensitive just to clothing and finger tips that I don't even want to imagine what a needle would do. The horror!!! :blink::o

edit - This is the "tattoo" I got on my cruise in June. Gotta love body paint!!

mytattoofk0.th.jpg

I remember watching something on TV about a Samoan tribe (I think) and how they use a pointed piece of wood as a needle and a rock as a hammer and they basically pound the color into their skin. Very beautiful work afterwards, but I am so glad I'm not someone who has to endure that kind of pain. :blink:

• Moderators
but I am so glad I'm not someone who has to endure that kind of pain. :blink:

Yup! I had seen something on T.V. too although I would take a tattoo over the skin cutting a tribe does that literally cut the skin of boys whom are to become a man. They were cutting the skin to have some crocodile-like look/pattern which reminded me of tattooing from another world (well this one anyways in a secluded tribe).

Getting a tattoo isn't as painful as you might think. My experience was that it was more of an irritation than pain.

There's new ink formulations out that make removal much easier and less painful, but my thinking is if you're so unsure about having a tattoo that you think you need the new easy-off ink then you shouldn't be getting one in the first place.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlin...781&SecID=2

Yup! I had seen something on T.V. too although I would take a tattoo over the skin cutting a tribe does that literally cut the skin of boys whom are to become a man. They were cutting the skin to have some crocodile-like look/pattern which reminded me of tattooing from another world (well this one anyways in a secluded tribe).

I saw this too! The designs are amazing, to say the least. But I couldn't do that either.

Getting a tattoo isn't as painful as you might think. My experience was that it was more of an irritation than pain.

Yeah I've heard the same from friends who have gotten inked. But I have a very low tolerance for pain, so some have told me I may feel more pain than annoyance.

There's new ink formulations out that make removal much easier and less painful, but my thinking is if you're so unsure about having a tattoo that you think you need the new easy-off ink then you shouldn't be getting one in the first place.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlin...781&SecID=2

Oh I agree. Getting a tat is a big decision, so if one is unsure about it, then they need to spend some time thinking about it and not just acting on impulse. And having the option of removal is good, but shouldn't be abused either.