Scuba Diving

Humpty

Yes they can be very curious, a friend of mine was trawling for Spanish Mackerel about 3km of the Gold Coast in a 16foot Shark Cat (boat)

The twin 75HP Johnson out boards were running a bit above idle when all of a sudden one shook violently and then stopped.

He was leaning over the top of the motor and looking into the water to see if the prop had something caught up (rope line etc)

He noticed blood in the water, and saw a 2 to 3 meter shark getting torn apart by other sharks.

Apparently it's not that uncommon for a shark to bite at a slow turning prop.

Obviously the shark came off 2nd best.

True story B)

• Moderators
Thinking of trying a bit of Scuba Diving.

Anyone wanna come along?

If I lived in Perth I'd join you, it looks like allot of fun. However I'm very well as it's called beached living way inland in the U.S.A., far away from any ocean. With my luck I'd be eaten by a shark.

What do you know - I received my certification a couple years ago, and I've been doing it since. In fact, I'll be driving a few hours today just to go diving :).

IPB Image

I'll go!! I want to get my certification so I can do some real diving down in the Florida Keys. Snokeling is fun, but you can't really get up close and personal with the sea creatures. But I will say this...I don't want to be up close and personal with the shark in that picture. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?