runawayhorses

• Moderators
Did some testing and PNG indeed is better quality than GIF, but expense of bigger file size.

You need a PNG optimizer like ADVPNG, or another one. I personally use ADVPNG and have it configured into the Windows Shell. Of course it doesn't do too much but waste allot of time when using it on large filesized images, works really good on those that are only a few kb or a few dozen kb.

Actually I've been using it ever since 1998 or 1999, or maybe it was 2000! In any event I've been using it for many years. ;)

Oh I see, It's the jpg and gif you're not big on. OK, I thought you were referring to 'IrfanView' that you disliked, at least that's how it appeared. OK Well, in any case, Why is jpg and gif the most popular of the formats? I've never made a PNG, but if the quality is better, I'm curious as to why it's not used more often. Is it because of the file size being larger than gif and jpg? That would certainly be understandable considering websites that use a lot of images would want to avoid using PGN for loading purposes for it's visitors. Also, how a picture looks to others will vary depending on the quality of their monitor and visual settings anyway. But besides all of that, for website developers the loading time is a important consideration. Perhaps jpg and gif are the winners in that situation.

Firery, even this link you put

http://www.wtv-zone.com/runawayhorses/forumpics/webtv02.jpg

I cannot see :huh:

Using opera.

Will pop over to IE7 and have a look.

EDIT...

No, cannot see it in IE7 either. Using sandboxie , hosts file and Online Armor, any ideas?

Hazel, did you ever figure out why you couldn't see the image?

No, I didn't, if anyone can think of anything I'm willing to test any ideas.

I would try switching to IE-7 then clean my cache and cookies with this sQusi then reboot and try again. There's really no logical reason that it shouldn't work unless there are more serious problems.

• Moderators

After looking it up perhaps I could have used a better choice of words :)

: CLEAN AS A WHISTLE - "One possibility is that the old simile describes the whistling sound of a sword as it swishes through the air to decapitate someone, and an early 19th century quotation does suggest this connection: 'A first rate shot.(his) head taken off as clean as a whistle.'

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com